Marin Rift Zone FRS

Old January 25th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.off-road

Default Marin Rift Zone FRS

I recently tripped upon the aforementioned bike today in need of minor
repair at a semi-local pawn shop for next to nothing & decided to buy
it, for a spare/guest bike or even the parts if nothing else. From
what I can tell it appears to be of the 98 or so vintage. It's a black
frame with an aluminum swingarm labeled "Torque Tube". The fork is an
Answer Manitou SX. The rear shock is a Fox Vanilla. The Cranks &
deraillers/derailleurs are Shimano Deore LX, and the hubs are Shimano
STX. The bike also has Avid V-brakes.

Can anyone help me verify the year? Anyone have experience with this
bike, or the forks & shocks? I'm curious about maintenance & repair,
as well as if the bike is worth riding to begin with. All feedback
welcomed & appreciated.

TIA,

Dan

Old February 1st 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.off-road
SlewGin

On Jan 24, 7:44 pm, " wrote:
I recently tripped upon the aforementioned bike today in need of minor
repair at a semi-local pawn shop for next to nothing & decided to buy
it, for a spare/guest bike or even the parts if nothing else. From
what I can tell it appears to be of the 98 or so vintage. It's a black
frame with an aluminum swingarm labeled "Torque Tube". The fork is an
Answer Manitou SX. The rear shock is a Fox Vanilla. The Cranks &
deraillers/derailleurs are Shimano Deore LX, and the hubs are Shimano
STX. The bike also has Avid V-brakes.

Can anyone help me verify the year? Anyone have experience with this
bike, or the forks & shocks? I'm curious about maintenance & repair,
as well as if the bike is worth riding to begin with. All feedback
welcomed & appreciated.

TIA,

Dan

posting problems, or contact the moderators, please seehttp://rbor.org/
Please read the charter before posting:http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Probably more than u want to know but i ma sure it an awright bike
sounds like at bargain too.

http://www.mtbr.com/

Marin Rift Zone FRS [email protected] Mountain Biking 7 February 6th 07 07:37 PM
Marin Rift Zone FRS [email protected] General 0 January 25th 07 04:40 AM
Marin Rift Zone FRS [email protected] General 0 January 25th 07 04:39 AM
STOLEN: Marin Rift Zone 02 Claire UK 23 May 5th 05 05:31 PM
Marin Rift Zone '03 vs '04 Jason UK 9 April 24th 04 11:56 AM