changing into/out of what you wear for biking

Old March 18th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

Default changing into/out of what you wear for biking

On Mar 17, 7:50 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:
When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

Just change man, what are you a worry wart.

Old March 19th 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
small change

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Coyoteboy wrote:
Micheal Artindale mumbled incoherently to the rest of
alt.mountain-bike:

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities
(washrooms, changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do
you change? at home? use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

Standing behind the car - who gives a damn if you get seen? I use the
same technique at the beach when getting into and out of my
kitesurfing kit.

All it takes is one complainant and/or one zealous law enforcement person,
and you're charged with indecent exposure or some such crime. Next stop,
Registered Sex Offender. (As told to me by someone who /said/ he was
so-warned after letting his ass hang out while changing after a ride.)

Bill "use a big towel" S.

no one seems to complain when the gals do this.

Old March 19th 07, 01:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
di

Coyoteboy wrote:
[...]

Depends on the gal. :)

Old March 19th 07, 03:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Coyoteboy wrote:
Micheal Artindale mumbled incoherently to the rest of
alt.mountain-bike:

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities
(washrooms, changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do
you change? at home? use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

Standing behind the car - who gives a damn if you get seen? I use
the same technique at the beach when getting into and out of my
kitesurfing kit.

All it takes is one complainant and/or one zealous law enforcement
person, and you're charged with indecent exposure or some such
crime. Next stop, Registered Sex Offender. (As told to me by
someone who /said/ he was so-warned after letting his ass hang out
while changing after a ride.) Bill "use a big towel" S.

no one seems to complain when the gals do this.

That's /decent/ exposure!

Old March 19th 07, 04:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Mar 18, 3:01 pm, "JD" wrote:
On Mar 17, 3:50 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

My truck has 4 doors and in-between opened doors is an instant
changing room. Besides, B.I.B. is nice after a long ride to let the
boys air out a bit.

JD

4 doors work fine as a 3-sided changing room, everytime. Kinda cool
and refreshing to stand their in all of nature for a few seconds, too.

CDB

Old March 19th 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

Coyoteboy wrote:
[...]

Most of *us* aren't as brave as you gals
http://www.ginalorenz.com/public_nudity/york.jpg
--
Slack
Old March 19th 07, 04:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

wrote:

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

My truck has 4 doors and in-between opened doors is an instant
changing room. Besides, B.I.B. is nice after a long ride to let the
boys air out a bit.

JD

Okay, I'll ask. B.I.B?

As for Micheal's OP, depends on which ride. For the Mt. Snow nekkid
crit?

/s

Old March 19th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Coyoteboy wrote:

getting arrested for "dogging" if you were to get changed in the back of
your car so might as well make it public!

Dogging?

I don't think I've ever seen that one before when going through my
British soliloquies dictionary. I'm sure it means what I am thinking it
means, but one never knows.

And I thought the Aussies had some nasty double entendres.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 19th 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities
(washrooms, changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you
change? at home? use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

In my SUV. The tinted windows are nice and dark and I'm short enough to
lay out on the back seat.

I just try and not look like a exhibitionist and leave it at that.
I usually stand on the other side of my car from traffic, and if there
are a lot of people around I'll even open one of the doors to be a
little more discrete. IMO it shouldn't be an issue for people if someone
happens to be changing (and not flaunting themselves) and they catch a
glimpse, but apparently it is.
My bro and I had a run-in with the law once when getting on the river.
He was in mid-change and a school bus came and stopped right next to us.
It was definitely a case of poor timing, and boy the police take that
(too) seriously! Now they have a better put-in there that's not right on
the street.

Actually since the vast majority of my riding starts at home, I change
where I usually do. In my bedroom.

Matt
Old March 19th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

wrote:

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

My truck has 4 doors and in-between opened doors is an instant
changing room. Besides, B.I.B. is nice after a long ride to let the
boys air out a bit.

JD

Okay, I'll ask. B.I.B?

As for Micheal's OP, depends on which ride. For the Mt. Snow nekkid
crit?

/s

Balls In the Breeze

JD

Changing small change Mountain Biking 9 February 15th 05 02:27 PM
"Be Bright - Wear White" vs' "Fight Back - Wear Black" Drinky UK 45 November 28th 04 12:42 AM
Thanks - "Be Bright - Wear White" vs' "Fight Back - Wear Black" Drinky UK 47 November 26th 04 11:33 AM
When running, walking or biking on roads at night wear reflective (or at least white) clothing He Who Walks General 12 December 13th 03 02:17 AM
Changing Tyres Adrian Boliston UK 6 August 3rd 03 11:28 PM