OT - Beer

Old March 6th 08, 03:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Hank

Default OT - Beer

On Mar 5, 5:03*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

I urge all and sundry to stay away from such beverages. If you partake, they
will cause your feet to go numb. Then you will be as numb down below as you
are top side. Nay, drink only water, the true nectar of the Gods!

Lest they sap and impurify all of our Precious Bodily Fluids...
Old March 6th 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:
On Mar 4, 8:37 pm, Tom Sherman
A while back I read about a barley wine on this group. It inspired me
to try a couple, and I was hooked. New favorite fireside beverage.
So, I only thought it fair/fitting that I mention my newest discovery
here. Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot. I enjoyed it on tap over the
weekend at the Pepperland Cafe in Berwick, ME. Great place, if you're
even in the area go there. Seriously. Anyway, they had 2 barley
wines on tap, Blithering Idiot and Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. I've had
the bigfoot, and I like it, but I decided to try something new. I'm
so glad I did. Not as malty/hoppy as the Bigfoot, but oh so good.
Anyway, figured I'd throw it out there in case one of you comes across
it and wonders. It's got a firm recommendation from my camp. Oh, and
at 11% go easy, lest you become a blithering idiot.

Does barley wine qualify as beer?

Finest kind in my book. I'm not sure technically, but any beer review
site will include it. The brewers often call it beer. It's in the
beer section at my local bottle shop and my local supermarkets. It's
a beer to me!

I will have to give the recommended beverages a try.

Cool. If you get a chance post back with what you think. Have you
had barley wines in the past?

No, but since I like wheat beer [1], it appears promising.

[1] Local favorites: http://www.islandwheat.com/ and
http://www.gooseisland.com/beers/pop-ups/5_312.html.

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!
Old March 6th 08, 05:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

"Hank" wrote in message
On Mar 5, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

I urge all and sundry to stay away from such beverages. If you partake,
they
will cause your feet to go numb. Then you will be as numb down below as
you
are top side. Nay, drink only water, the true nectar of the Gods!

Lest they sap and impurify all of our Precious Bodily Fluids...

I thought everyone in "Dr Strangelove" was totally sane and all acted very
reasonably. It is why I advocate the carpet atom bombing of all Muslim
lands. That would be the best way to rid the world of that odious religion
(Islam) and the savages who follow it.

By the way, B. Hussein Obama had a Muslim father and went to a Muslim school
in Indonesia. This was of the Whahabi sect, the worst form of Islam. Let us
hope that my gal Hillary kicks his ass but good!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 6th 08, 05:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default OT - US Presidential Election

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Hank" wrote in message
On Mar 5, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

I urge all and sundry to stay away from such beverages. If you partake,
they
will cause your feet to go numb. Then you will be as numb down below as
you
are top side. Nay, drink only water, the true nectar of the Gods!

Lest they sap and impurify all of our Precious Bodily Fluids...

I thought everyone in "Dr Strangelove" was totally sane and all acted very
reasonably. It is why I advocate the carpet atom bombing of all Muslim
lands. That would be the best way to rid the world of that odious religion
(Islam) and the savages who follow it.

By the way, B. Hussein Obama had a Muslim father and went to a Muslim school
in Indonesia. This was of the Whahabi sect, the worst form of Islam. Let us
hope that my gal Hillary kicks his ass but good!

Many of those people in Ohio, Rhode Island and Texas voting for $Hillary
must be Republicans crossing over.

I think I may vote for gene "datakoll" daniels as a write-in candidate.

Old March 6th 08, 06:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Hank" wrote in message
[...]

I do not know who I hate more - McCain or Hillary! I do know that B. Hussein
Obama will not do at all.

McCain is good on the war and terrorism issue and Hillary is good on the
health care issue. I am convinced that no one knows one god damn thing about
B. Hussein Obama. The ****ing idiotic liberal media have fallen in love with
him and refuse to vet him.

I may sit this election out. All I know for sure is that the country is
doomed!

Old March 6th 08, 06:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Hank

On Mar 5, 9:28*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

By the way, B. Hussein Obama had a Muslim father and went to a Muslim school
in Indonesia. This was of the Whahabi sect, the worst form of Islam. Let us
hope that my gal Hillary kicks his ass but good!

Not true. While in Indonesia, he went to two schools: one was a public
secular one, the other was Catholic. It is true that at the public
school, most of his classmates were Muslim, but it was not a Muslim
school.

Next, you'll be telling me he's Jewish. After all, the former Israeli
prime minister is named Ehud Barak.
Old March 6th 08, 07:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Werehatrack

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:37:28 -0600, Tom Sherman
may have said:

Does barley wine qualify as beer?

This is locally variable. In some places, a fermented beverage whose
ingredients do not include hops cannot be sold as beer; the same is
often true for uncarbonated brews. "Malt liquor" may or may not be an
effective synonym for "barley wine" in some places.

The situation is at least as complicated as that of the varying
definition of chocolate between Belgium and England. This may have
changed, but at one time Cadbury milk chocolate contained too little
cocoa solids to qualify as chocolate by the Belgian standards, but it
reportedly contained just enough dairy content to theoretically be
able to be called "cheese".

The shifting definition of "Sterling silver" between different nations
is another example of locality-dependent terminology.

Old March 6th 08, 07:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default OT - B. Hussein Obama

"Hank" wrote in message
On Mar 5, 9:28 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

By the way, B. Hussein Obama had a Muslim father and went to a Muslim
school
in Indonesia. This was of the Whahabi sect, the worst form of Islam. Let
us
hope that my gal Hillary kicks his ass but good!

Not true. While in Indonesia, he went to two schools: one was a public

secular one, the other was Catholic. It is true that at the public
school, most of his classmates were Muslim, but it was not a Muslim
school.

Is B. Hussein Obama then a Roman Catholic?

What do you make of the following information?

"Investigations have shown that Obama's father and stepfather were devout
Islamics. Both faithfully practiced their religion. His stepfather,
wh o had a much greater impact on Obama's upbringing, was a radical
Wahabbi Muslim. Obama's mother married Lolo Soetoro, a Wahabbi
extremist who lived in Indonesia. When Obama's mother moved to
Indonesia - before she married her second Muslim husband - she enrolled
her son in Francis Assisis Catholic School. He was enrolled as a Muslim
because he was a Muslim." By Michael Reisig

Next, you'll be telling me he's Jewish. After all, the former Israeli

prime minister is named Ehud Barak.

Barak Hussein Obama is an Arab Muslim name. Some folks even get him confused
with Osama Bin Laden!

Also, what do you make of this?

"Obama's campaign website has been hailed as a testament to the
candidate's transformative politics. But at least part of the senator's
online outreach, "Muslim Americans for Obama '08" proposes installing
Muslim prayer areas in public places and giving Muslims time off for
prayer, and has denounced Obama's colleagues in the U.S. Senate who
happen to be Jewish." By Michael Reisig

In any event, it is insane to suppose that B. Hussein Obama was not deeply
influenced by his Muslim background. His mother apparently had a thing for
Muslim men since she married two of them! She must have been a real kook!

Old March 6th 08, 01:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
[email protected][_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Hank" wrote in message
[...]

I wasn't planning to vote for anyone, except that as Tom suggested, I
was tempted to vote for Gene Daniels. However, now that I know that
Obama is a terrorist, a radical muslim, and that his last name rimes
with Osama and his middle name is Hussein, I am am going to vote for
him. Plus, I saw him wearing a turban. That confirmed that his is an
evil terrorist that will blow the world apart. We need to continue the
violence started but Bush. electing a radical muslim as a president
will ensure of that. all that stuff that he is saying about ending the
war, diplomatic relations and health care is BS. He is clearly a bomb
ready to explode.

Old March 6th 08, 01:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
datakoll

On Mar 6, 1:40*am, Hank wrote:
On Mar 5, 9:28*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

By the way, B. Hussein Obama had a Muslim father and went to a Muslim school
in Indonesia. This was of the Whahabi sect, the worst form of Islam. Let us
hope that my gal Hillary kicks his ass but good!

Not true. While in Indonesia, he went to two schools: one was a public
secular one, the other was Catholic. It is true that at the public
school, most of his classmates were Muslim, but it was not a Muslim
school.

Next, you'll be telling me he's Jewish. After all, the former Israeli
prime minister is named Ehud Barak.

Dolan and O'Bama are Jewish. O'Bama's family are slumlords.