Tom Sherman - Gone at Last!

Old June 5th 08, 01:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.mountain-bike
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Tom Sherman - Gone at Last!

I don't mind that you're an egocentric jerk, Ed Dolan; you can't help
that. But that you're a perfectly uninteresting bore as a well is
unforgivable. Tom Sherman, whatever his opinions, respects the right
of others to an opinion. Tom is worth a hundred of you. I, for one,
would rather have Tom than you.

Andre Jute

On Jun 5, 8:13 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
No, Tom Sherman is not dead as far as I know, but he is now gone from ARBR -
let's hope permanently. He had grown as tired of us as we had of him. It is
good riddance to bad rubbish.

Did he ever have any virtues? He liked to indulge in technical jargon, more
for his benefit than anyone else's. His humor was childish and coarse. He
was a coward when push came to shove (the Ed Gin episode) and he was never
able to connect to anyone in a human sort of way. You had to wonder if he
was even human himself.

But his downfall as far as Ed Dolan the Great was concerned was his
unreconstructed liberalism. He ended up as a result of it defending
terrorists and murderers. Such lapses in judgment can never be forgiven.

Ed Dolan set the standard for how to be on a newsgroup. He was fair and
honest, intelligent and noble - ever a gentleman to the end no matter how
provoked. In short, he was an inspiration to us all, not only Great, but a
Great Saint besides. But there were not any others like him. Yea, that is
what killed ARBR - too many Lilliputians like Tom Sherman and not enough
Giants like Ed Dolan the Great!

ARBR - RIP!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 5th 08, 01:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Aeek

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 05:19:57 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

I don't mind that you're an egocentric jerk, Ed Dolan; you can't help
that. But that you're a perfectly uninteresting bore as a well is
unforgivable. Tom Sherman, whatever his opinions, respects the right
of others to an opinion. Tom is worth a hundred of you. I, for one,
would rather have Tom than you.

Andre Jute

I'm sure I remember Ed promising he was gone, I too would rather Tom.