Mountain Biking Carnage

Old December 14th 12, 10:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Default Mountain Biking Carnage

On Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:53:49 PM UTC, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

For some unexplained reason, mountain bikers regale in these kinds of carnage videos...they post them with regularity, but this one takes the prize.

Mountain biking is a "fun and healthy" sport....yeah, right... (inside and outside of the forest

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2012-54...ind-Spark.html

(watch to the end -- shots of a mountain bike structure falling apart in a forest, a guy smacking into a tree, lots eating dirt, a groin "owie", and the usual insanity performed by mountain bikers. All these shots are of guys on mountain bikes. I don't understand how women can be attracted to this sport)

So, Mike, how does this tie-in with your usual rant that Mountain bikers never talk about the dangers ? You belong in Orwell's 1984 for your ability in doublethink. Either that, or you really are going senile and you can't remember the arguments you were advancing a mere two weeks ago.
Old December 16th 12, 05:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Friday, December 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:
[...]

They are saying that it's not really dangerous, and that all these accidents are really okay. They never, as far as I know, talk seriously about the danger, as I do. Certainly not publicly.
Old December 17th 12, 05:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Friday, December 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:

They are saying that it's not really dangerous, and that all these accidents are really okay. They never, as far as I know, talk seriously about the danger, as I do. Certainly not publicly.

Quote where "they" said that "all these accidents are really okay," liar.

Old December 19th 12, 02:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:06:57 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Friday, December 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote: They are saying that it's not really dangerous, and that all these accidents are really okay. They never, as far as I know, talk seriously about the danger, as I do. Certainly not publicly. Quote where "they" said that "all these accidents are really okay," liar.

It's implicit. Ask your mommie to explain it to you.
Old December 19th 12, 03:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:57:32 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:06:57 AM UTC-8, wrote:

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Friday, December 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote: They are saying that it's not really dangerous, and that all these accidents are really okay. They never, as far as I know, talk seriously about the danger, as I do. Certainly not publicly. Quote where "they" said that "all these accidents are really okay," liar.

It's implicit. Ask your mommie to explain it to you.

Mom explained it to me. As an example, she showed me how you implicitly celebrate the deaths of strangers in a pathetic attempt to validate your warped point of view.

Old December 19th 12, 04:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:14:34 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:57:32 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:06:57 AM UTC-8, wrote: On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Friday, December 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote: They are saying that it's not really dangerous, and that all these accidents are really okay. They never, as far as I know, talk seriously about the danger, as I do. Certainly not publicly. Quote where "they" said that "all these accidents are really okay," liar. It's implicit. Ask your mommie to explain it to you. Mom explained it to me. As an example, she showed me how you implicitly celebrate the deaths of strangers in a pathetic attempt to validate your warped point of view.

What IS my warped point of view? Are you now mind-reading?
Old December 19th 12, 06:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:32:00 AM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:14:34 AM UTC-8, wrote:

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:57:32 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:06:57 AM UTC-8, wrote: On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Friday, December 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote: They are saying that it's not really dangerous, and that all these accidents are really okay. They never, as far as I know, talk seriously about the danger, as I do. Certainly not publicly. Quote where "they" said that "all these accidents are really okay," liar. It's implicit. Ask your mommie to explain it to you. Mom explained it to me. As an example, she showed me how you implicitly celebrate the deaths of strangers in a pathetic attempt to validate your warped point of view.

What IS my warped point of view? Are you now mind-reading?

It's the sort that would lead you to question someone understanding your point of view instead of an accusation, leveled in the same sentence, that you celebrate death.

Implicitly, that's warped. No mind-reading required.
Old December 20th 12, 04:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:05:00 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:32:00 AM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:14:34 AM UTC-8, wrote: On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:57:32 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:06:57 AM UTC-8, wrote: On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Friday, December 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote: They are saying that it's not really dangerous, and that all these accidents are really okay. They never, as far as I know, talk seriously about the danger, as I do. Certainly not publicly. Quote where "they" said that "all these accidents are really okay," liar. It's implicit. Ask your mommie to explain it to you. Mom explained it to me. As an example, she showed me how you implicitly celebrate the deaths of strangers in a pathetic attempt to validate your warped point of view. What IS my warped point of view? Are you now mind-reading? It's the sort that would lead you to question someone understanding your point of view instead of an accusation, leveled in the same sentence, that you celebrate death. Implicitly, that's warped. No mind-reading required.

Thanks for demonstrating for the umpteenth time that you don't have a clue. But what can one expect from someone afraid to use his real name?

Mountain bikers are afraid to admit that mountain biking often results in DEATH. All I do is tell the truth -- something that mountain bikers all HATE! I'm the antidote to the mountain biking disease.
Old December 20th 12, 10:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Mountain bikers are afraid to admit that mountain biking often results in DEATH. All I do is tell the truth -- something that mountain bikers all HATE! I'm the antidote to the mountain biking disease.

I love this. You start a thread with the accusation that "For some unexplained reason, mountain bikers regale in these kinds of carnage videos...they post them with regularity" and then, a short while later, you're back to accusing us of being afraid to admit that sometimes people die !!!!

Are you going to start debating yourself ?

It is obvious to anyone that activities resulting in the kind of accidents shown in the video can result in serious injury and death. We DON'T show accidents resulting in death because, for most civilised people, that's wrong. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it just means that, when it does, we don't glory in it and we have some empathy for the bereaved.

As to your 'truth' ... well, I very much doubt you meet the criteria ... "that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality". You ditched fact and reality a long, long time ago. You don't tell the truth, you spew ad hominem, claptrap, venom and schadenfreude.
Old December 20th 12, 05:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:37:06 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:
Mountain bikers are afraid to admit that mountain biking often results in DEATH. All I do is tell the truth -- something that mountain bikers all HATE! I'm the antidote to the mountain biking disease. I love this. You start a thread with the accusation that "For some unexplained reason, mountain bikers regale in these kinds of carnage videos...they post them with regularity" and then, a short while later, you're back to accusing us of being afraid to admit that sometimes people die !!!! Are you going to start debating yourself ? It is obvious to anyone that activities resulting in the kind of accidents shown in the video can result in serious injury and death. We DON'T show accidents resulting in death because, for most civilised people, that's wrong. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it just means that, when it does, we don't glory in it and we have some empathy for the bereaved. As to your 'truth' ... well, I very much doubt you meet the criteria ... "that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality". You ditched fact and reality a long, long time ago. You don't tell the truth, you spew ad hominem, claptrap, venom and schadenfreude.

You pretended to disagree with me, then said just what I said!: Mountain bikers don't like to admit that they often end up DEAD. You CLAIM that it's due to "respect". If so, why do newspapers report deaths, but mountain bikers don't? Are all newspapers motivated by schadenfreude? The only possible conclusion is that mountain bikers aren't honest! And can't stand me telling the truth about their selfish, destructive, disgusting sport.