Are you 45+

Old October 9th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stevea

Default Are you 45+

Thanks for the info, tomblackwood.

I'm definitely aware of the Moab Muni Fest
(http://www.moabmunifest.homestead.com). In fact, although I have
plenty of Street to learn on my 20" (and love it), I purchased a KH 24"
last week in the hope that I will get in some MUni time before the Fest
(March 28, 2008). It is likely I'll end up a lurker at the Fest with
weak MUni skills, because the mountains are already blanketed in a thin
layer of snow. I will be transitioning to telemark soon, but not yet
(I'm meeting my buddy in a few minutes to ride on this brisk, 45F,
morning).

--
stevea
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

stevea wrote:
I'm definitely aware of the Moab Muni Fest
(http://www.moabmunifest.homestead.com). In fact, although I have
plenty of Street to learn on my 20" (and love it), I purchased a KH 24"
last week in the hope that I will get in some MUni time before the Fest
(March 28, 2008). It is likely I'll end up a lurker at the Fest with
weak MUni skills,

we, old geezers on one wheel from France, have a project to go together
at Moab munifest .... in 2009 !!!
ok, ok this is really in a distant future! but then you'll have time to
train and we could create a special "old geezers" subsection for a
future Moab Munifest.
btw if any person from the organisation of this event could read this
post and note to warn us of the dates in 2009 that would be fine!

when I come to think of it: if my job is prematurely terminated (not an
unlikely occurence) I could go to the 2008 edition

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ahollow

OK, I'm 54, and started on Christmas Day, 2006. Purchased a KH24 and
went to Moab in March, then purchased a Nimbus 36 for the LBI Unithon
in June. Rode my first 25-miler last month by riding from my home to
the local community college on the 36er, using Rails to Trails, back
roads, and sidewalks.

I try to get out and ride about town 3 to 4 days a week, covering 8-12
miles at a time. I love this sport!

--
ahollow
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

stevea wrote:
I purchased a KH 24" last week in the hope that I will get in some MUni
time before the Fest (March 28, 2008). It is likely I'll end up a
lurker at the Fest with weak MUni skills, because the mountains are
already blanketed in a thin layer of snow.

If you haven't tried it already, before you get too much snow you might
want to check out the "Quarry Trail". You park at the base of Little
Cottonwood, and the entrance is basically right by the big flashing
road conditions sign. The trail is an old road--now quite decayed which
is the challenge--which was used to access the quarry for the temple
granite. It goes up the south side of the creek, and offers some good
accessible beginning muni...some uphill, downhill, stair-steppy
challenges, etc. Plus great views of the creek.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muniman52

Hey, I am 52 started muni riding about 3 years and hope to have another
good 20 years of unicycling in me!

Hans

|Filename: la muni.jpg |

muniman52
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stevea

wobbling bear wrote:
we, old geezers on one wheel from France, have a project to go together
at Moab munifest .... in 2009 !!!
snip btw if any person from the organisation of this event could read
this post and note to warn us of the dates in 2009 that would be fine!
snip

We'd love to have you in 2008 or 2009. I don't think the date for 09
has been selected yet, but contact me or visit
http://www.moabmunifest.homestead.com when 08 is done.

If you do come either year, feel free to PM me and I'll try to arrange
a geezers gathering. I'll buy the first round of Moab beer. I have two
recent French connections: the Uni Girls video (with French teenagers)
is what got me to try a uni this summer, and I was on holiday in Paris
and Normandy in 2006. Enjoy!

--
stevea
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stevea

ahollow wrote:
OK, I'm 54, and started on Christmas Day, 2006. Purchased a KH24 and
went to Moab in March, then purchased a Nimbus 36 for the LBI Unithon
in June. Rode my first 25-miler last month by riding from my home to
the local community college on the 36er, using Rails to Trails, back
roads, and sidewalks.snip

Wow! Geezers have passion, eh? That's tremendous progress and focus in
10 months. Keep it up geezer pun intended.

--
stevea
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
FlyByTire

They also often have extra cash for impulse purchases.

--
FlyByTire

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Age 51. My 5'3" drop. (Finally landed it! )

|Filename: drop2.jpg |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 9th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11919605 85]

You are my new hero. That is just plain ill sickness.

Well thanks to this thread I realize I am not just some old geezer who
is trying to reclaim some semblance of my youth. So I just ordered an
actual Muni today!

I am so totally stoked. I ordered the Nimbus 26'er.

I blame each and every one of you!
Like I need another sport.

--
Bondo