Protective Clothing Recommendations

Old November 2nd 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OldDrone

Default Protective Clothing Recommendations

Ok, I have proven to myself that my ambition exceeds my skill, and I
need to protect myself.

I want to buy some elbow and wrist guards, and new helmet. Can the
community make some recommendations on quality brands.

Thanks

--
OldDrone
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

the 661 4x4 is a very popular knee/shin armour for unicycling, available
in many bike shops and online cycle retailers. Kris Holm also does a
unicycle specific one, presumably only available through UDC

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OldDrone

How about elbow guards? That and my hands are what I seem to be hitting
the most.

--
OldDrone
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ahollow

The KH grey gloves work great for me. They have a plastic splint on the
backside to support the wrist in a fall, and a gel pad in the palm.
the wrist support wraps around your wrist and is velcro, so it's easy
to adjust.

I've had mine for about 6 months; no bad seams, tears, etc.

--
ahollow
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniDudeDX

i agree. i have some kh pulse gloves and they are amaing.

--
UniDudeDX

Jerrick wrote:
I think we should get off the topic off kinky/horny girls and unicycles,
and back to creepy horny men.

thejdw wrote:
Cocain has very good commpression propities, great for side hops and
large drops.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I have the KH pulse gloves and love them for riding the big wheel etc.
but I would prefer to have a pair of harbinger wrist guards for higher
impact stuff like MUni.

The KH gloves are very comfortable and have moderate protection, the
harbinger gloves are moderately comfortable and have very good
protection. You can't really hold a T7 handle wearing the harbingers.

--
saskatchewanian

The Coker isn't elegant, it's majestic
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

OldDrone wrote:
How about elbow guards? That and my hands are what I seem to be hitting
the most.

good point, 661 2x4s are the elbow version, pretty heavy duty. As for
hands, personally i use TSG professinoal wrist guards but will probably
swap to KH gloves in due course.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

another great piece of protection is stretching. i think i did something
to my right oblique today. It hurt pretty bad

--
Chris.James

johnfoss wrote:
If you ignore science, it's like you're trying to convince us of
Intelligent Design...

dforbes wrote:
Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
to watch we don't land in dog poop.....

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
schoesno1

is there anything around that protects your ankles?
when i try unispins i usually end up hitting my ankles on the pedals

--
schoesno1
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 6th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joshben

are the Kris Holm shin/knee guards really any better for unicycling than
the SixSixOne 4x4's? I'm trying to decide between the two.

--
joshben
http://www.usenet.com