Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old November 2nd 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
b.King

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

but i got a couple riding around on my 24" the other day

Guy in his driveway: "Savin' gas, I hear ya brother!"

Road worker digging a hole at an intersection: "What kinda miles per
gallon you get with that thing?"
Me: "uhh, depends what I drink!"

--
b.King
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ahollow

Riding past a bus stop on my N36, one guys says, "hey, it's a uni, uh,
uni, uh, uni-bomber!" His friend says, "you mean a unicycle!"
We both started laughing so hard, I fell off.

--
ahollow
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

I was riding to a bus stop on my trials uni and a guy on a bike came up
behind me as I struggled up the hill and said "Nice wheels!.... oh wait
I mean Nice wheel!" I thanked him and said "well at least I know that
some people can count" we both laughed and I rode off.

--
Ducttape

'-*BUY MY SHIRTS*-'
(http://www.zazzle.com/Ducttapesunicycle/products)
'*WATCH MY VIDEOS*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DucttapesUnicycle)

'*Uniman Comics*'
'*Original Thread for Uniman*'
wickedbob wrote:
Oh my goodness when I open it up it hurts soooo bad!

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 3rd 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Iridemy29

skrobo wrote:
:P
i was playing around up at the school after the football game, cuz i
just wanted to get out of the house. This kid i knew from highschool
came up to me and started annoying me to the point that i just rode in
circles ... then he said something about the 8 stair that was about a
foot to my left... started laughing and said we should put it on
scarrred
"unicyclist dies on 8 stair attempt"

(proceeds to act like a camera man)

so i let him finished his act, said a few words, and jumped down the 8,
to the top of the 4 right below it, 360'd the 4, and wheelwalked into
one foot into glide back to riding
it was awesome.

I can only imagine the look on his face

--
Iridemy29
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 4th 07, 07:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

At a skate park I hopped up a picnic table and after I hopped down a kid
told me that I was his idol.
Then after he saw me do my first few unispins the same kid said, "Yup,
definitely my idol".

I felt good after that.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 4th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

CoreTechs wrote:
At a skate park I hopped up a picnic table and after I hopped down a kid
told me that I was his idol.
Then after he saw me do my first few unispins the same kid said, "Yup,
definitely my idol".

I felt good after that.

Thats great.
Remindes my of a kid that found me so good at a demo that he realy
wanted a signature of my on his arm

Peter M

--
Probailer2

Amanda ROCKS

Jerrick wrote:

I wonder if more people will start putting some themes into their uni
design. Except Koxx, they already have the drug theme covered.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 4th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

CoreTechs wrote:
At a skate park I hopped up a picnic table and after I hopped down a kid
told me that I was his idol.
Then after he saw me do my first few unispins the same kid said, "Yup,
definitely my idol".

I felt good after that.

As opposed to my experience yesterday when a couple of teenagers said
"Cool" and then spat at me. The youth of today! Luckily they have bad
aim.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 4th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

cathwood wrote:
As opposed to my experience yesterday when a couple of teenagers said
"Cool" and then spat at me. The *youth* of today! Luckily they have bad
aim.

Please use correct words, i.e. chav

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 4th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

i was going for my usual uni route with my coker and a small boy got on
the bus with his dad, saw my uni and stopped he asked me VERY seriously
"What the HECK is THAT!?" I told him "it's a unicycle." he replied
"oh....." a few minutes of him staring at my uni later he says "is it
hard to ride?" I told him it was and that after a while it gets easier
he saw my helmet and said "Do you fall a lot?" of course my helmet is
all scratched up and so i couldn't say no so I replied "yes, I do fall
a lot, sometimes it hurts but sometimes it doesn't." he said "oh, I
don't think i could ride a unicycle yet I can't ride two wheels very
well." the kid was probably around 9 or 10 yeas old then he asked very
seriously "are you going to fall again today? It looks like it because
you are wearing your helmet." I said "I probably will but I try not
to." then my stop came up and I said "It was good to talk to you." he
said "you to." then he got a very very serious look on his face and
said "be careful and try not to fall ok? you are too cool to fall" as i
got off the bus I replied "I'll try, thank you for being so concerned!"

Then as I rode down a very busy road at about 18mph in full
speed-crouch I look over and some lady with a professional camera was
leaning out a car window and right as I look over she took a picture
and drove off, pretty cool....

Old November 4th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

CoreTechs wrote:
At a skate park I hopped up a picnic table and after I hopped down a kid
told me that I was his idol.
Then after he saw me do my first few unispins the same kid said, "Yup,
definitely my idol".

I felt good after that.

pretty much the story of my life.

--
torkerdx

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skianduniaddict wrote:
never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

johnfoss wrote:
Yes, being old makes you stupid.

http://www.usenet.com