Radio 2gb's Murray Wilton tells listeners cyclist are a menace on the road

Old August 2nd 05, 10:51 AM
scotty72

Default Radio 2gb's Murray Wilton tells listeners cyclist are a menace on the road

Tonight Tues 2 - Au

Murray Wilton claimed that we don't belong, we are a menace etc

Came lose to allowing motorists to advocate they do something about it

make a complaint

http://2gb.com/5.01/WebComplaintsForm.pd

or email the clown to tell him your thought

'www.2gb.com' (http://www.2gb.com

Scott

--
scotty72

Old August 2nd 05, 11:46 AM
cfsmtb

For us Southerners, 2GB has Alan Jones on the blower each morning. o
the F%$#ing joy.

BTW, One of Wilton's 'Commercial Agreements' is no surprise at all:

Presenter: Murray Wilton
Parties to agreement:Titan Ford Brookvale, Murray Wilton
Date & duration of agreement: 20/05/2005
Obligations under agreement: Drive selected cars supplied by Titan For
and evaluate for the purposes of on air promotion
Party providing benefit/consideration: Sydney RJV Pty Ltd t/a Tita
Ford
Consideration: Under $10,00

--
cfsmtb

Old August 2nd 05, 05:09 PM
Michael Warner

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:46:51 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

For us Southerners, 2GB has Alan Jones on the blower each morning. oh
the F%$#ing joy.

Southerners? There's no such radio station here in SA, and thankfully
very little of Jones. I believe he has a very short rant on one of the
morning TV shows.

Old August 2nd 05, 11:23 PM
Dmitri Colebatch

scotty72 wrote:
Murray Wilton claimed that we don't belong, we are a menace etc.

Came lose to allowing motorists to advocate they do something about it.

Is there a transcript somewhere? I'd like to know more detail than that
before complaining.

As someone who moved from Sydney to Melbourne just over 3 years ago, I
think there are a lot more idiots cycling in Sydney than here. This may
have something to do with the fact that cycling in Melbourne is made
easier than in Sydney by (a) wider roads, (b) more bike paths, and (c)
[generally] more sane drivers. I used to commute in Sydney, about 40km
a day (from Balmain to Leichhardt, Five Dock, and Neutral Bay, depending
on the day), and was amazed at the stupidity of some cyclists. Whilst
its fair to say that any group of the population is going to have those
that give them a bad name, I think the couriers in Sydney city
especially are the ones that lead people to make claims such as the
above. Added to this is my assumption that there would be less cyclists
commuting in Sydney, and hence the proportion of couriers to commuters
is higher, and following on from my last statement so is the proportion
of menacing cyclists. If statements like that are qualified I dont see
anything wrong with it. The problem comes when its a "tar all with the
same brush".

my 2c.

cheers
dim
Old August 3rd 05, 12:51 AM
cfsmtb

Michael Warner Wrote:

Southerners? There's no such radio station here in SA, and thankfully
very little of Jones. I believe he has a very short rant on one of the
morning TV shows.

Should of said Mexicans instead, anyway, Adelaide is further north tha
Melb.
:

--
cfsmtb