Anybody have these cranks?

Old June 6th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Anybody have these cranks?

I want to get some shorter coker cranks in the 125mm range, and I need
them for this Sunday's coker ride, but I may not be able to get them
from UDC in time. I live in the Los Angeles area, and so far every LBS
I've contacted have nada when it comes to short, sqaure taper
cotterless cranks.

I really like the Pro Wheel 127's
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=847 because they're
lightweight aluminum, and have a little "Q" factor. The price is right
as well. Then I saw these (see link below) at AE bike for about the
same price, and they are also 127's, but it doesn't say whether they
are steel or aluminum. I just wish I knew where to find a pair LOCALLY
or at least not too far away so I could get them here by friday
(without having to pay $$$ for air shipping).

http://tinyurl.com/36h3mv

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

couple people I know for sure have them, say that prowheels are pretty
good. ahollow even double drilled them, so you could pm him for a
review.

--
zfreak220

'4-7-2007 RIP Johnny Hart' (http://tinyurl.com/3ykmht)
KH fund: $166.33/$371.49-$205.16 left (If AE bike will still sell them
that low)
or
DX fund: $166.33/$249.99-$83.66 left
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uberhacker

MuniAddict wrote:
I live in the Los Angeles area, and so far every LBS I've contacted have
nada when it comes to short, sqaure taper cotterless cranks.

with funny clockwise threading

--
Uberhacker
http://www.usenet.com

Old June 6th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

MuniAddict wrote:
Then I saw these http://tinyurl.com/36h3mv at AE bike for about the same
price, and they are also 127's, but it doesn't say whether they are
steel or aluminum. I just wish I knew where to find a pair LOCALLY or
at least not too far away so I could get them here by friday (without
having to pay $$$ for air shipping).

The Sugino cranks are aluminum. I believe they're also forged.
They're quality cranks. Keep in mind though that they're sold by the
eaches so you'll need to order both the left and the right cranks.

I used the Sugino cranks back when I had a Pashley muni. I used the
170s. Got the tandem cranks and ordered the captain's (front rider) RH
crank and a normal matching LH crank and you've got a pair of unicycle
cranks. Now SBS (Seattle Bike Supply) has more sizes available.

The AE Bike catalog is just the SBS (Seattle Bike Supply) catalog put
online. Any bike shop can order from the same catalog, and most bike
shops have the SBS catalog. So you can order them locally if you want.
Just ask your bike shop to look in the SBS catalog. Whether you'd get
them faster that way than by ordering directly from AE Bike is unknown.
I suspect that ordering from a local bike shop might be faster for me
in Seattle because SBS has a warehouse near Seattle. SBS also has a
warehouse in Rancho Dominguez, CA which may be able to get you parts
pretty quick if that warehouse carries the Sugino cranks.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

john_childs wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the great info!