Kh hub + isis crank a space left when put on

Old January 15th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Default Kh hub + isis crank a space left when put on

Tile says it all. I put my uni cranks on and one side there was a tiny
gap so switched out the cranks and the gap is still there. I thought
this was normal for isis, but my father the expert said this sh@#
wouldn't fly anywhere else. Now I am almost posative I have heard this
with most isis interfases, even bikes. So is this going to runi
everything liek my father is saying or is there an easy fix?

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Turn the allen key further. It takes quite a bit of strength at first. I
use my leg.

--
Danni

'Sliver Trials Course'
'Calgary Trials Vid!'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jUq7cjs9BbA)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

'same thing, but with koxx.
' (http://tinyurl.com/2pxszq)

--
zfreak220

You'll get hurt if you don't land it.

Jedził Koło
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

What are you talking about?

Old January 15th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
seriousslacker

I recently purchased a Nimbus hub and placed KH Moment cranks on it. One
side tightened up without too much pressure, but the other side was
really tight, and did not seem like I would be able to close the gap
with the spacer in place. I had to use a pipe over the allen key to
get the leverage necessary to tighten the bolt. I was afraid I might
strip the threads, but they survived just fine. I've since removed the
cranks and put them on two more times, and it hasn't gotten any easier.
The only good thing is that I know they aren't going to come loose.
Just make sure that when you are tightening the bolt you do it with
smooth, even pressure, not jerky or beating on it with a hammer! I
think the tolerances for the Nimbus ISIS Hub is a little sloppy, since
the tight side stayed tight when I swapped cranks. It doesn't take much
to go from perfect fit to really tight fit. I hope you get your cranks
to go on.

--
seriousslacker
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

wow
if you have to tighten it that much, i wouldn't worry about it.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ahollow

What the hell are you worried about a gap for? The bearing caps hold
the wheel on, not the cranks. As long as the cranks are fairly snug,
it doesn't matter if the spacers are there or not, the wheel sure isn't
going to move left or right.

Get out there and take your uni apart and learn how it works; it'll
help you when you really have a problem.

--
ahollow
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Does it look like' this' (http://tinyurl.com/37qp24)?

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Matt_V

I don't think that thread is about the same thing.

It sounds like you just need to tighten the bolt on more. Put a pipe
over the allen key and it will help you tighten it. And post of a
picture of it from the side so that we can see exactly what you mean.

--
Matt_V

-Matt
My msn: - Add me if you wish