Bicyclist's toe, sometimes mistaken for gout.

Old August 18th 10, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike P

Default Bicyclist's toe, sometimes mistaken for gout.

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:16:59 -0700, Doug garbled:

On 18 Aug, 15:42, Mike P wrote:
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:40:30 +0100, bugbear garbled:

Doug wrote:
This is a good way of determining if someone is a genuine cyclist or
merely a motorist pretending to be a cyclist, examine their feet.

If their saddle is the correct height a cyclist can only touch the
ground on tip-toe and if they do this frequently, usually with the
same foot, their big toe will become swollen and tender and possibly
end up misaligned. Of course this would not apply to genuine
tricycle users.

Is this a whinging post just to say your feet hurt, Doug?

I get motorist's foot, which in my case appears to be really dry skin
on top of the big toe on my left foot, caused by it rubbing against the
top of my shoe when I use the clutch.

Despite cycling 700 miles in the last 7 weeks, I don't get anything
cycling related. I must not be a true cyclist then..

10 miles a day on average? Peanuts. I wonder what your car mileage is
for 7 weeks?

Actually Doug, it's 14.2 miles a day on average. Maths never was your
strong point.

Now, please tell us how much you've cycled over the last 7 weeks.

My car mileage? I rarely use one. I go to work on the train and walk to
the station.

--

Mike P

Old August 18th 10, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On 18 Aug, 14:28, Paul - xxx wrote:
On 18/08/2010 13:15, Doug wrote:

How many more times? Why is it then that those who claim to be both
cyclists and motorists spend so much time criticising cyclists but not
motorists on URC, bearing in mind that cars can present a considerable
danger to cyclists but not vice versa?

Criticising motorists on a cycling newsgroup seems to be preaching to
the converted ..

Problem is, this newsgroup seems to be mainly populated by motorists.

When I'm ****ed off with a driver I'd mention it in URD not URC. *When
I'm ****ed off with a cyclist I'd mention it on URC not URD ...
depending on my mood at the time and whether it's a reply to a thread
that's already being cross-posted as you often do to feed an argument.

That still doesn't account for a preponderance of anti-cyclist threads
on URC from motorists.

I rarely feel the need to mention either general group (cyclists or
drivers) in derogatory or polarised terms. *I prefer to try and solve an
issue rather than simply fan the flames and be part of the original issue..

Nothing is as cut and dried as saying motorists or cyclists ...

As a motorist and cyclist why would I put down motorists?

As a cyclist and motorist, why would I put down cyclists?

I might put down 'a' motorist or cyclist (or group of) for being a
****wit, but so what? *I'll be putting them down for being a ****wit,
not for being either a motorist or a cyclist. *We don't all fit into
your particular pigeon holes, thank goodness.

My view of URC is that is should be about cyclists exchanging views
and information with each other, not somewhere for motorists to
outnumber cyclists while slagging them off.

Doug

Old August 18th 10, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike P

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:25:12 -0700, Doug garbled:

When I'm ****ed off with a driver I'd mention it in URD not URC. Â*When
I'm ****ed off with a cyclist I'd mention it on URC not URD ...
depending on my mood at the time and whether it's a reply to a thread
that's already being cross-posted as you often do to feed an argument.

That still doesn't account for a preponderance of anti-cyclist threads
on URC from motorists.

They're taking the **** and parodying you, you silly old ****. If you
stopped posting your drivel , then I'm sure they'd go away.

Do you really think MrCheerful is that bothered whether a cyclist or a
car causes more damage? I'd like to think he's got more sense. I suspect
he has because his threads on the car maintenance group are always very
helpful...

He's posting drivel in retaliation to your drivel.

Here's an idea, why don't you **** off, change your nym (again) and try
posting sense for a few days as someone else without giving us a clue who
you are. I bet the SNR ratio of this group drops dramatically. It's you
who's causing the problem, just like you ruined uk.transport with the
same old **** you post here.

--

Mike P

Old August 18th 10, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Doug wrote:
This is a good way of determining if someone is a genuine cyclist or
merely a motorist pretending to be a cyclist, examine their feet.
If their saddle is the correct height a cyclist can only touch the
ground on tip-toe and if they do this frequently, usually with the same
foot, their big toe will become swollen and tender and possibly end up
misaligned. Of course this would not apply to genuine tricycle users.
Is this a whinging post just to say your feet hurt, Doug?

I get motorist's foot, which in my case appears to be really dry skin on
top of the big toe on my left foot, caused by it rubbing against the top
of my shoe when I use the clutch.

Despite cycling 700 miles in the last 7 weeks, I don't get anything
cycling related. I must not be a true cyclist then..

10 miles a day on average?

Is that "environmentalist maths" you're using there Doug?

BugBear
Old August 18th 10, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 18 Aug, 14:28, Paul - xxx wrote:
On 18/08/2010 13:15, Doug wrote:

How many more times? Why is it then that those who claim to be both
cyclists and motorists spend so much time criticising cyclists but
not motorists on URC, bearing in mind that cars can present a
considerable danger to cyclists but not vice versa?

Criticising motorists on a cycling newsgroup seems to be preaching to
the converted ..

Problem is, this newsgroup seems to be mainly populated by motorists.

Don't keep posting anti-motorist threads then. They'll have less to reply
to and will soon **** off. In fact, just stop posting. As I say, posting
anti motorist threads on a cycling newsgroup is somewhat ****ing into the
wind and preaching to the already converted, somewhat.

When I'm ****ed off with a driver I'd mention it in URD not URC. When
I'm ****ed off with a cyclist I'd mention it on URC not URD ...
depending on my mood at the time and whether it's a reply to a thread
that's already being cross-posted as you often do to feed an
argument.

That still doesn't account for a preponderance of anti-cyclist threads
on URC from motorists.

They're not anti-cyclist threads, they're anti Doug and your rabid moronic
attitude threads. They're taking the **** out of you.

I rarely feel the need to mention either general group (cyclists or
drivers) in derogatory or polarised terms. I prefer to try and solve
an issue rather than simply fan the flames and be part of the
original issue.

Nothing is as cut and dried as saying motorists or cyclists ...

As a motorist and cyclist why would I put down motorists?

As a cyclist and motorist, why would I put down cyclists?

I might put down 'a' motorist or cyclist (or group of) for being a
****wit, but so what? I'll be putting them down for being a ****wit,
not for being either a motorist or a cyclist. We don't all fit into
your particular pigeon holes, thank goodness.

My view of URC is that is should be about cyclists exchanging views
and information with each other, not somewhere for motorists to
outnumber cyclists while slagging them off.

Stop posting anti motorist threads then, see above.

--
Paul - xxx

mobile ...

Old August 18th 10, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Mike P wrote:
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:16:59 -0700, Doug garbled:

10 miles a day on average? Peanuts. I wonder what your car mileage is
for 7 weeks?

So now Doug, someone who by their own admission and definition is not a Pure
Cyclist no matter how much they try, now reverts to slagging off another
cyclist! You couldn't write the script ....

Actually Doug, it's 14.2 miles a day on average. Maths never was your
strong point.

Now, please tell us how much you've cycled over the last 7 weeks.

My car mileage? I rarely use one. I go to work on the train and walk
to the station.

No, no no no ... walking, train, cycling, little use of the car ... no no
no, Doug will either simply not believe you or will pick some minor point
up, or make one up if he can't find a real one, to slag you off about having
a lifestyle that doesn't fit his little Pigeon Holes and polarised,
tunnel-visioned (other than when it suits him personally) view of life. He
is in Doug World, which in no way resembles the real world.

My bet would be that he'll ask why you as a cylist are getting at him and
aren't slagging motorists off ...

--
Paul - xxx

mobile ...

Old August 18th 10, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike P

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:04:30 +0100, Paul - xxx garbled:

Mike P wrote:
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:16:59 -0700, Doug garbled:

10 miles a day on average? Peanuts. I wonder what your car mileage is
for 7 weeks?

So now Doug, someone who by their own admission and definition is not a
Pure Cyclist no matter how much they try, now reverts to slagging off
another cyclist! You couldn't write the script ....

Actually Doug, it's 14.2 miles a day on average. Maths never was your
strong point.

Now, please tell us how much you've cycled over the last 7 weeks.

My car mileage? I rarely use one. I go to work on the train and walk to
the station.

No, no no no ... walking, train, cycling, little use of the car ... no
no no, Doug will either simply not believe you

I'll take a picture of my weekly train pass shall I and post a link?
That'd really confuse him..

or will pick some minor point up, or make one up if he can't find a
real one, to slag you off about having a lifestyle that doesn't fit his
little Pigeon Holes

I'll help him out. I like cycling, I do it every day for fitness and
pleasure.

I also have a 2 litre, petrol, turbocharged car.. I enjoy that too..

"because he's a silly old ****" would be the correct answer.

--

Mike P

Old August 18th 10, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 18 Aug, 09:17, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

This is a good way of determining if someone is a genuine cyclist or
merely a motorist pretending to be a cyclist, examine their feet.

If their saddle is the correct height a cyclist can only touch the
ground on tip-toe and if they do this frequently, usually with the
same foot, their big toe will become swollen and tender and possibly
end up misaligned. Of course this would not apply to genuine
tricycle users.

Kind of reminds me of stories about checking people for foreskins
before deciding whether to let them go or gas them.

Why would anyone *pretend* to be a cyclist seeing as they are
publicly represented by arseholes like you? When will you ever
accept that there are people who cycle, people who drive, and plenty
of people who do both? Why is it so important for you to *define*
people?

How many more times? Why is it then that those who claim to be both
cyclists and motorists spend so much time criticising cyclists but not
motorists on URC, bearing in mind that cars can present a considerable
danger to cyclists but not vice versa?

Complete bollox as usual. In 2008 115 cyclists were killed on the road.
Lets be generous and assume all of the fatalities were caused by killer
drivers.

We have 30,000,000 motorists each doing an average of 10,000 mpa. Thats
300,000,000,000 miles driven per year.

Thats 1 cyclist killed per 2,608,695,652 miles driven. Or 28 times the
distance to the sun.

Considerable danger ny arse.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old August 18th 10, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

Doug wrote:
This is a good way of determining if someone is a genuine cyclist or
merely a motorist pretending to be a cyclist, examine their feet.

If their saddle is the correct height a cyclist can only touch the
ground on tip-toe and if they do this frequently, usually with the same
foot, their big toe will become swollen and tender and possibly end up
misaligned. Of course this would not apply to genuine tricycle users.

Is this a whinging post just to say your feet hurt, Doug?

I get motorist's foot, which in my case appears to be really dry skin on
top of the big toe on my left foot, caused by it rubbing against the top
of my shoe when I use the clutch.

Despite cycling 700 miles in the last 7 weeks, I don't get anything
cycling related. I must not be a true cyclist then..

You are a heathen and a sinner, you should be buried to the waste and
stoned to death with jars of Marmite!