Bicyclist's toe, sometimes mistaken for gout.

Old August 20th 10, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Bicyclist's toe, sometimes mistaken for gout.

On 19 Aug, 07:47, Paul - xxx wrote:
On 19/08/2010 06:38, Doug wrote:

But what you don't seem to realise is I started posting them in the
first place as a response to anti-cyclists threads on URC. You know
the usual 'Cycling on pavements' and 'Cycling through red lights' and
'Cyclists should have number plates' drivel, not to mention all those
personal insults in responses from motorists.

So what?

Anyone can post anything they like within the boundaries and rules of
usenet, who set you up as the main arbiter?

You obviously haven't noticed yet that your fellow motorists on this
newsgroup have criticised me for allegedly posting off topic when I
point out the threats posed to cyclsits by drivers.

If I didn't counter the anti-cyclist threads from motorists here who
else would take on the job? I would be happy to devolve. Any takers
who feel up to the job, bearing in mind the sheer volume of motorist
inundations?

It isn't a job, it isn't productive and if you stopped posting, they
would stop posting and URC would revert to being more cycle and cyclist
oriented.

So you say. Lets try it then. How about if I stop posting to this
newsgroup until and if a new thread appears which criticises cyclists?
Agreed, starting tomorrow?

Doug.

Old August 20th 10, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 19 Aug, 08:41, Derek C wrote:
On Aug 19, 6:38*am, Doug wrote:

But what you don't seem to realise is I started posting them in the
first place as a response to anti-cyclists threads on URC. You know
the usual 'Cycling on pavements' and 'Cycling through red lights' and
'Cyclists should have number plates' drivel, not to mention all those
personal insults in responses from motorists.

If I didn't counter the anti-cyclist threads from motorists here who
else would take on the job? I would be happy to devolve. Any takers
who feel up to the job, bearing in mind the sheer volume of motorist
inundations?

Doug.-

So basically you lead a empty and boring little existance, so you have
nothing better to do with your time!

No, in common with many others world-wide I am pleased to be an anti-
car campaigner, on the basis that there are far too many of them and
their drivers are allowed to get away with far too much.

-- .
Car Free Cities
http://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.

-- .
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.
Old August 20th 10, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 19 Aug, 18:27, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 18 Aug, 17:39, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 18 Aug, 09:17, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

This is a good way of determining if someone is a genuine cyclist
or merely a motorist pretending to be a cyclist, examine their
feet.

If their saddle is the correct height a cyclist can only touch the
ground on tip-toe and if they do this frequently, usually with the
same foot, their big toe will become swollen and tender and
possibly end up misaligned. Of course this would not apply to
genuine tricycle users.

Kind of reminds me of stories about checking people for foreskins
before deciding whether to let them go or gas them.

Why would anyone *pretend* to be a cyclist seeing as they are
publicly represented by arseholes like you? When will you ever
accept that there are people who cycle, people who drive, and
plenty of people who do both? Why is it so important for you to
*define* people?

How many more times? Why is it then that those who claim to be both
cyclists and motorists spend so much time criticising cyclists but
not motorists on URC, bearing in mind that cars can present a
considerable danger to cyclists but not vice versa?

Complete bollox as usual. In 2008 115 cyclists were killed on the
road. Lets be generous and assume all of the fatalities were caused
by killer drivers.

We have 30,000,000 motorists each doing an average of 10,000 mpa.
Thats 300,000,000,000 miles driven per year.

Thats 1 cyclist killed per 2,608,695,652 miles driven. Or 28 times
the distance to the sun.

Considerable danger ny arse.

And all avoidable. You just love people being killed don't you.

Nope, I just have a realistic perspective.

So, according to your questionable figures, if drivers drive far
enough that entitles them to kill and injure cyclists and their
victims should accept it? And my own three hospitalisations by drivers
were 'realistic'?

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Old August 20th 10, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

[...]

Three hospitisations, I must have missed some of them, please give
details?
Old August 20th 10, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

On 20/08/2010 08:05, Doug wrote:

So you say. Lets try it then. How about if I stop posting to this
newsgroup until and if a new thread appears which criticises cyclists?
Agreed, starting tomorrow?

How about you don't start any new threads for a week, see how many car
related threads are posted by anyone else.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old August 20th 10, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike P

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:14:06 -0700, Doug garbled:

"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

Where did he say that, you stupid old ****? Why don't you **** off with
your nonsense, you really do give cyclists a bad name.

And my own three hospitalisations by drivers were 'realistic'?

Lets have some details please Duhg! Were they cycling related? Were you
riding like an obnoxious old **** - you post like one, so it's a
possibility.

Or, did the "motorist" get so peeved at you that they smacked you one
with a fist, thus requiring hospital treatment?

--

Mike P

Old August 20th 10, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

[...]

Mike, I am certain that Doug does not cycle like a **** all the time,
he probably has a day off once a month.
Old August 20th 10, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Doug wrote:
[...]

The figures aren't questionable. Your pathetic attempt to misunderstand
them is.

1 cyclist killed per 2,608,695,652 miles driven is not 'considerable danger'
you halfwit.

And my own three hospitalisations by drivers
were 'realistic'?

They were due to you being an idiot who deliberately provokes drivers.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old August 21st 10, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 20 Aug, 08:48, Paul - xxx wrote:
On 20/08/2010 08:05, Doug wrote:

So you say. Lets try it then. How about if I stop posting to this
newsgroup until and if a new thread appears which criticises cyclists?
Agreed, starting tomorrow?

How about you don't start any new threads for a week, see how many car
related threads are posted by anyone else.

See my thread 'Announcement', I promise not to start any anti-motorist
threads EVER unless and until someone else posts an anti-cyclist
thread. Thus we can resolve this chicken and egg situation once and
for all.

Doug.

Old August 21st 10, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

I'm outraged at the lack of respect shown to Doug on this group.
Calling the estimable Mr Bollen (who is one of usenet's most long-
standing and respected users) a "stupid old ****" is simply
unacceptable. In future, please show him appropriate regard by
referring to him by his correct epithet, i.e.

"a mean-spirited, bitter, vindictive, hypocritical, dishonest,
terrorist-supporting, Stalin-loving, anarchist-pretending, holocaust-
denying, ex-4x4 driving yet now anti-car, Morocco-visiting yet now
anti-foreign travel, ex-country dwelling yet now believing everyone
should live in London, misogynistic, racist, senile, stupid, Gollum-
resembling and ignorant old ****".