RR: Fixed gears on a gravel road

Old August 16th 04, 03:07 PM
supabonbon

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message ...
snip

Medina is famous for its sandstone: this is
where
the stone for the Brooklyn Bridge came from.

How 'bout dat!

snip more

The sucky thing is the thick clouds of midges. They don't bite, but
there are so damn many of the things that you end up paved in them:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/corvuscorvax/GravelRoad/bugs.jpg

Hmm... anybody else here sense that this was posted as a preemtive
excuse for some leg shaving?

My wife had her jersey zipped up the whole time, but still ended up
with clouds of bugs down her cleavage. "Wanna see?" she says. I
decline, explaining that I prefer to visualize her chest _not_
infested by insects. Call me funny.

Us too!

/s
Old August 16th 04, 04:24 PM
Corvus Corvax

supabonbon wrote:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/corvuscorvax/GravelRoad/bugs.jpg

Hmm... anybody else here sense that this was posted as a preemtive
excuse for some leg shaving?

Well, it certainly provided an incentive to trim the old nose hair. Is
that good enough?
Us too!

Whoah there, mister. Don't make me hurt you.

CC

Old August 16th 04, 04:28 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-08-15, Corvus Corvax penned:

The sucky thing is the thick clouds of midges. They don't bite, but there
are so damn many of the things that you end up paved in them:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/corvuscorvax/GravelRoad/bugs.jpg

I had to stop the picture before it finished loading. Ewwwww! I feel itchy
now. *shudder*

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old August 16th 04, 07:00 PM
JD

"Tommy Taylor" wrote in message r.com...
"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message

It's been raining all week, so the singletrack is going to be soup. No
good. So instead we do something different. My wife and I strap the
fixies onto the shiny new bike rack. Carefully. We double-check.

I've got an old mule and her name is Sal
Fifteen miles on the Erie Canal
She's a good old worker and a good old pal
Fifteen miles on the Erie Canal
We've hauled some barges in our day
Filled with lumber, coal, and hay
And every inch of the way we know
From Albany to Buffalo

Low bridge, everybody down
Low bridge for we're coming to a town
And you'll always know your neighbor
And you'll always know your pal
If you've ever navigated on
The Erie Canal

We'd better get along on our way, old gal
Fifteen miles on the Erie Canal
'Cause you bet your life I'd never part with Sal
Fifteen miles on the Erie Canal

Git up there mule, here comes a lock
We'll make Rome 'bout six o'clock
One more trip and back we'll go
Right back home to Buffalo

Low bridge, everybody down
Low bridge for we're coming to a town
And you'll always know your neighbor
And you'll always know your pal
If you've ever navigated on
The Erie Canal

I know that tune, except it doesn't mention anything about GRS.

JD
Old August 17th 04, 04:55 PM
supabonbon

supabonbon wrote:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/corvuscorvax/GravelRoad/bugs.jpg

Hmm... anybody else here sense that this was posted as a preemtive
excuse for some leg shaving?

Well, it certainly provided an incentive to trim the old nose hair. Is
that good enough?

CC

Now _there's_ a visual....

/s bugfilter
Old August 17th 04, 11:10 PM
Corvus Corvax

supabonbon wrote:

Now _there's_ a visual....

;=)

I went back this morning and did a full Lockport to Rochester run. 60
miles. A distance record for me on the fix, or on any singlespeed for
that matter.

****, it was pretty easy too. Some weire transformation is clearly
happening.

CC

Old August 18th 04, 02:30 PM
supabonbon

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message ...
supabonbon wrote:

Now _there's_ a visual....

;=)

I went back this morning and did a full Lockport to Rochester run. 60
miles. A distance record for me on the fix, or on any singlespeed for
that matter.

****, it was pretty easy too. Some weire transformation is clearly
happening.

CC

Yes, your seat numbness has obviously spread from your nuts to your knees.

Congrats!

/s