Crazy driver in Newtown.

Old March 27th 12, 04:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_8_]

Default Crazy driver in Newtown.

aus.bicycle has been quiet on this one.

"
Cyclists beware - there are two crazy people driving around Sydney, who do NOT like cyclists. It's a dark red Mitsubishi
sedan, their number plates are covered with cardboard with "TRAFFIC" written on in texta.

Yesterday afternoon the guy on the right threw a battery at me, and then got out of the car and punched me. I suppose
that's assault and battery?

N.B. I have reported this to the police. They're not hopeful of catching them, given they don't have any good images of
their faces, or a car rego.

UPDATE: A friend of a friend said this car is sometimes parked in Petersham. Keep your eyes peeled in that area.

"

13 pages of comments...

http://www.sydneycyclist.com/forum/topics/crazy-drivers

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...l?rand=3586054

Old March 27th 12, 05:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:30:40 +1100, "Tomasso" wrote:

Yesterday afternoon the guy on the right threw a battery at me, and then got out of the car and punched me. I suppose
that's assault and battery?

But what size battery? I'd be worried if it was a car battery...

Old March 27th 12, 06:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_8_]

Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:30:40 +1100, "Tomasso" wrote:

Yesterday afternoon the guy on the right threw a battery at me, and
then got out of the car and punched me. I suppose that's assault and
battery?

But what size battery? I'd be worried if it was a car battery...

Hmm. Didn't read that paragraph... bad me. Punny...

Story is in SMN, Terrorgraph, Sunrise, ABC and elsewhere.
Old March 27th 12, 11:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 27/03/2012 4:08 PM, Tomasso wrote:
Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:30:40 +1100, "Tomasso" wrote:

Yesterday afternoon the guy on the right threw a battery at me, and
then got out of the car and punched me. I suppose that's assault and
battery?

But what size battery? I'd be worried if it was a car battery...

Hmm. Didn't read that paragraph... bad me. Punny...

Story is in SMN, Terrorgraph, Sunrise, ABC and elsewhere.

The image was good, obviously took his time to capture. Pity the car
didn't have a plate, but notice the P plate under the cardboard.

Old March 28th 12, 05:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Alan Erskine[_3_]

Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:30:40 +1100, "Tomasso" wrote:

Yesterday afternoon the guy on the right threw a battery at me, and
then got out of the car and punched me. I suppose that's assault and
battery?

But what size battery? I'd be worried if it was a car battery...

Hmm. Didn't read that paragraph... bad me. Punny...

Story is in SMN, Terrorgraph, Sunrise, ABC and elsewhere.

The image was good, obviously took his time to capture. Pity the car
didn't have a plate, but notice the P plate under the cardboard.

Not to mention no license plate and the passenger has a moustache.
Easily identified.
Old March 29th 12, 01:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC[_2_]

On 2012-03-28, Alan Erskine (aka Bruce)
On 27/03/2012 9:05 PM, Rob wrote:
On 27/03/2012 4:08 PM, Tomasso wrote:
Story is in SMN, Terrorgraph, Sunrise, ABC and elsewhere.

The image was good, obviously took his time to capture. Pity the car
didn't have a plate, but notice the P plate under the cardboard.

Not to mention no license plate and the passenger has a moustache.
Easily identified.

According to one report, that car has been seen by many people from
Newtown to Petersham regularly parked for months now. If the cops
haven't noticed it in that time, I don't have much faith that they'd
be able to open their eyes long enough to see it now. And they'll be
smart enough (surely‽) to change the plate by now?

--
TimC
Old March 31st 12, 12:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 2012-03-28, Alan Erskine (aka Bruce)
On 27/03/2012 9:05 PM, Rob wrote:
On 27/03/2012 4:08 PM, Tomasso wrote:
Story is in SMN, Terrorgraph, Sunrise, ABC and elsewhere.

The image was good, obviously took his time to capture. Pity the car
didn't have a plate, but notice the P plate under the cardboard.

Not to mention no license plate and the passenger has a moustache.
Easily identified.

According to one report, that car has been seen by many people from
Newtown to Petersham regularly parked for months now. If the cops
haven't noticed it in that time, I don't have much faith that they'd
be able to open their eyes long enough to see it now. And they'll be
smart enough (surely‽) to change the plate by now?

I'd say it was a setup then the news got hold of it.

If you put the text with the image its all too cleaver to be real.