Speed limits again

Old May 26th 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Speed limits again

On the telly last night was a repeat of 'Police, Camera, Action'
with Mr Stewart saying that cyclists can be stopped for speeding
but that the one shown was alright as he only reached 29mph.

So I guess it must be true - speed limits do apply to cyclists.

--
Eiron

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Old May 26th 06, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Eiron Wrote:
On the telly last night was a repeat of 'Police, Camera, Action'
with Mr Stewart saying that cyclists can be stopped for speeding
but that the one shown was alright as he only reached 29mph.

So I guess it must be true - speed limits do apply to cyclists.

--
Eiron

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

No just shows that we can be stopped. I take it nothing was said about
prosecuting/fines/points etc?

Of course this does not apply to royal parks where we can be stopped
for speeding.

Bryan

--
Bryan

Old May 26th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Eiron" wrote in message
On the telly last night was a repeat of 'Police, Camera, Action'
with Mr Stewart saying that cyclists can be stopped for speeding
but that the one shown was alright as he only reached 29mph.

So I guess it must be true - speed limits do apply to cyclists.

Never assume Mr Stewart is a legal eagle.

Old May 26th 06, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

This is what is known in technical legal speak as "complete ********".
Old May 26th 06, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
Eiron wrote:

On the telly last night was a repeat of 'Police, Camera, Action'
with Mr Stewart saying that cyclists can be stopped for speeding
but that the one shown was alright as he only reached 29mph.

This is what is known in technical legal speak as "complete ********".

Well, getting a legal opinion from Alistair Stewart is like getting a
legal opinion from a convicted drink driver. ;-)

R.
Old May 26th 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Paul - xxx wrote:
If you believe everything Mr Stewart says .....

If you believe /anything/ Mr Stewart says...

d.
Old May 26th 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

davek came up with the following;:
Paul - xxx wrote:
If you believe everything Mr Stewart says .....

If you believe /anything/ Mr Stewart says...

hic!!

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old May 26th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Paul - xxx wrote:
If you believe everything Mr Stewart says .....

If you believe /anything/ Mr Stewart says...

WTFH is Alistair Stewart? Have I missed something?

--
Dave...

Old May 26th 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

PEOPLE: Alastair Stewart given two-year driving ban
Independent, The (London), Jul 2, 2003
Alastair Stewart, who presents the television programme Police, Camera,
Action!, was banned from driving for 23 months and fined pounds 2,000
yesterday after pleading guilty to drink driving. Stewart, 50, admitted
crashing his Mercedes near his home in Bramdean, Hampshire on 19 June
while three times over the limit. The court heard he had been drinking
alcohol to an enormous level to cope with stress.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...2/ai_n12699460

Old May 26th 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

dkahn400 came up with the following;:
Paul - xxx wrote:
If you believe everything Mr Stewart says .....

If you believe /anything/ Mr Stewart says...

WTFH is Alistair Stewart? Have I missed something?

He presents the TV programme "Police, Camera ..." and tries to portray a
'nice fella, good driver' kind of image. Trouble is, he was caught driving
whilst under the influence. IIRC he was significantly over the limit as
well, not just 'possibly a glass of wine at lunch officer'.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!