Runnin' on empty

Old June 7th 12, 07:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

Default Runnin' on empty

On 6/6/2012 11:46 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
Tom $herman (-_-) wrote:
On 6/6/2012 11:09 AM, A. Muzi wrote:
Anquetil, who won everything, and repeatedly, famously said, " I drink
before I am thirsty, I eat before I am hungry, I shift before the hill"

YMMV, but that (and copious amounts of alcohol, sex and drugs) worked
for him.

Family Valuesâ„¢, eh?

Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan.

Nope. Victory comes from 1900 Highway 71, Spirit Lake, Iowa.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1900+Highway+71,+Spirit+Lake,+IA&hl=en&ll=4 3.421126,-95.128405&spn=0.002077,0.005284&sll=43.421056,-95.128083&sspn=0.002077,0.005284&t=h&hnear=1900+U. S.+71,+Spirit+Lake,+Iowa+51360&z=18

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Old June 7th 12, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jun 3, 5:06*am, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 2, 8:36 pm, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2012 8:10 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

I just get off the bike long enough to eat it--and to restore blood flow
to buttocks and genitalia. :-) *[...]

Not a problem on a 'bent.

I just go out of the saddle for a spell now and then - e.g. when
climbing - or light in the saddle if I'm on the flat too long and
start to feel it.

Why not use a good saddle, a racing/tour Brooks , a Rolls or Regal?
Old June 7th 12, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jun 6, 1:12*am, datakoll wrote:
TRY ONLINE:

understanding sugar

sugar facts

eating glucose sucrose devtrose

nutrition: all of the above including corn syrup

yeah yawl should kick red meat, CHOH, table sugar, reduce salt 88%,
drink 4 times spring or distilled water and NEVER tap water, reduce coffe 88%, kick milk, cheese, hot dogs, spam, all fats, eat more grains, aka grits, wheat, ect....simple. Tomato Sauce NO SALT !

Meat is good, in moderation (8oz inl 2oz fat). Alcohol is good, in
moderation (50ml). Sugar is OK after fasting, in moderation (2tsp).
Distilled water will leach the body of minerals unless suitably
dosed. Tap water my be particularly bad due tp the specific pipes
one's supply is delivered by. Drink sufficient water to eliminate
pain and urine is straw cploured, at least 20floz in morning and same
before retiring. Coffee is a useful stimulant, especially when one
wants to trigger fat metabolism or just need an improvement in
circulation to reduce acidosis. One should use it judiciously. Milk
is probably generally bad for any man over 25 due to the high calcium
and low magnesium content. Women tend to have a better tolerance (at
least physically, not mentally). Cheese can probably be eaten at
will, as long as it isn't disguised with pickles or sauces. I
wouldn't eat a frozen dog, or anything which is a product rather than
a food. Spam probably not good due to nitrates/nitrites. It's not to
my liking, in UK we can use the Polish canned ham called PEK which is
rather good as I remember. There are such things as essential fatty
acids which can only be obtained by eating saturated fats, they are
essential to good health, do not restrict them. Grain will fatten you
for slaughter! Use grain only after all the essential foods have been
consumed. Essentials are fats, greens and protein. Salt is also
essential and is perfectly safe to take as per taste as long as you
use unrefined sea salt without anti-caking. Salt assists the
hydration of the muscle cells. Excess, in a healthy body, is excreted
with the urine. Drink sufficient water as already detailed.
Old June 7th 12, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jun 3, 4:46*am, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2012 9:26 AM, A. Muzi wrote:

Tom $herman (-_-) wrote:
On 6/1/2012 8:22 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 1-6-2012 5:33, Wes Groleau schreef:
On 05-31-2012 13:14, Dan O wrote:
Riding home last night, felt about to bonk with close to ten miles to
go. I've pushed through this plenty of times before, but never
without a mojo bar or*something* in my bag. (End of month; no money;

I misjudged the weather and thought two small Red Bull would suffice..
Two-thirds of the way home I was knocking on a farm house door offering
to buy a bottle of water.

Yes misjudging the weater is a classic one. Only your own pride is
holding you back to knock on someones door to ask for something to eat
or fill up your bottle. The times I had to, the people were very
generous and helpfull after I explained my situation. Cookies, candy
bars, sandwiches and a lady would even cook me a meal once.

In more remote parts of the US, the person answering the door could be
holding a loaded gun and asking why the hell are you bothering them.
These people live out of the way for a reason.

Perhaps one day you might actually meet and talk with a gun owner since
you obviously have no idea about their uses limits.

All three incidences of people firing warning shots in my general
direction have been in rural Wisconsin. *Never had a gun discharged in
my direction in Havenwoods or Metcalf Park (i.e., parts of the Milwaukee
'hood).

And in the days before mobile phones I had a breakdown in Forgottonia
(west central Illinois), and when I knocked on the door, the man opening
it was holding a shotgun, with the women in the room saying "what the
hell do you want?" to me.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are plenty of kooks out there with
guns.

Oh, and I should mention while in elementary school in rural Wisconsin,
I had a couple of classmates killed when accidentally shot by siblings.

Did Pop remember to lock the gunsafe after that?
Old June 7th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jun 6, 4:57*am, datakoll wrote:
ONCE AGAIN we chose a balanced neutral reference

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/salt/

"The government says ..."

That's all I need to know about that reference. Neutral my arse, more
likr nuetered.
Old June 7th 12, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jun 2, 6:04*pm, datakoll wrote:
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...search&sclient...

yeah. I overdidit one day doing a loop of errands. poor planning for nutrition in an area devoid of 7/11...

when I 'got back', leg muscles stiffened, I couldn't walk. Had to lay on ground waiting for muscle chemistry's resolution to rebalance back into a continuing life form.

That'll be an excess of calcium. You can move it with salt, drink
salted water (a quart with a teaspoon of seasalt) and increase
magnesium rich foods (greens). Eat greens with every meal in future
until you no longer get stiff following prolonged excercise. Use a
hot bath and a massage after consuming buttered spinach with salt and
a quart of light beer for quick recovery.

enter the back day pack, always stocked with cliff bars, bike tools (inflator!), bug net (REI), gloves, sunscreen, $$$, Mace, leatherman, sink,

Old June 8th 12, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

On 6/7/2012 1:27 PM, thirty-six wrote:
[...]
I wouldn't eat a frozen dog,[...]

You can get frozen dog meat in the UK?

Old June 8th 12, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

On 6/7/2012 1:37 PM, thirty-six wrote:
On Jun 3, 4:46 am, "Tom $herman (-_-)"""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]
Oh, and I should mention while in elementary school in rural Wisconsin,
I had a couple of classmates killed when accidentally shot by siblings.

Did Pop remember to lock the gunsafe after that?

Most people did not have gun safes back then, or removable trigger locks.

So far the NRA has not promoted concealed carry for pre-teen children.
^^^^^^

Old June 8th 12, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jun 8, 1:07*am, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/7/2012 1:27 PM, thirty-six wrote:

[...]
I wouldn't eat a frozen dog,[...]

You can get frozen dog meat in the UK?

Caterers for NHS hospitals serve 'mince'. There's no restriction on
where that mince comes from. It could well be dog and would likely be
frozen if it came from China or Thailand. I don't believe there is
sufficient checks to ensure the safety of the food supplied by outside
caterers. It's odd stuff anyway, not idetifiably chicken, mutton or
beef. It could be a rather flavourless Danish pork coloured and
salted so as to make one imagine it is beef. I doubt it would be
horse. It may as well be dog. It might be illegal to raise dogs for
meat here and it might be illegal to import dog meat. What else are
we to believe that is meat from unknown origin? Hmm, could be
turkey. I'll bet it's been a mix of pork and turkey bits (don't even
think), both of lowest nutrtional value.
Old June 8th 12, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/2/2012 8:10 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

I just get off the bike long enough to eat it--and to restore blood flow
to buttocks and genitalia. :-) [...]

Not a problem on a 'bent.

I just go out of the saddle for a spell now and then - e.g. when
climbing - or light in the saddle if I'm on the flat too long and
start to feel it.

Why not use a good saddle, a racing/tour Brooks , a Rolls or Regal?

Don't have one of those. Anyway, by "feel it" I didn't mean anything
approaching significant discomfort or circulation issues; I just meant
feel like I've been in the saddle longer than I 'm accustomed to. I
do the same thing with my hands and feet.