music

Old June 1st 05, 01:10 PM
kington99

As we're doing claims to fame, i used to go to school with a guy who's
dad was in black sabbath, he was geezer butler, the bassist. Oh and a
few in the stunt world, i know the guy who invented bungie jumping and
the guy who designed the dam bungie jump in Golden eye. O the new harry
potter film was shot where i live aswell.

--
kington99 - I HAVE figured out how to change th

Dave

Old June 1st 05, 01:36 PM
gayno

My turn!

1) Kelly Brook went to the high school I went to, but left before i
started.....dammit!

2) Drummer from Led Zepplin lives up the road from me, about a mile from
Wolverly High School - the venue of the Kidderminster UniMeets if any of
you have been there

--
gayno - Hi Everybody!

lickhill_racer (at) hotmail (dot) com - feel free to add me!

All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons.

The one AND only Gayno - right here and in full, with the cattleprod on
charge ;-)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/lickhillracer/
gayno's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6400

Old June 1st 05, 02:23 PM
James_Potter

Dan O'Brien, the world record holder for the decathlon (or he used to
be, prolly broken again by now....) was born and raised here and went to
the University of Idaho, the local college in Moscow.

wow, how far off topic can a thread get.... q-:

found it, here's a more appropriate thread for this topic:
http://tinyurl.com/7nvo3

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old June 1st 05, 07:37 PM
johnfoss

kington99 wrote:
*i know the guy who invented bungie jumping and the guy who designed
the dam bungie jump in Golden eye.*

Those dam bungee jumps. So where was that one filmed? I always wondered
if it was the Hetch-Hetchy Dam in Yosemite?

Also, as a person who knows what dams look like, I always kind of
laughed at the idea that the face of a dam would be vertical. Most dams
slope quite a bit downstream, which would mean quite a scraped-up chin
for Mr. Bond-James-Bond!

My school:
Artist Wyland (his web site pointedly avoids revealing his first name)
went to my college, Center for Creative Studies in Detroit. He grew up
in Detroit and Madison Heights, MI. His site says he was born in Detroit
"by accident" because he's so drawn to the sea. Nonsense. Being raised
in the Midwest can make one's desire for the sea and sealife stronger
than it might be if you grew up with it on your doorstep. Yes, I live in
the "middle" of CA, but I lived near the beach on Long Island for 10
years before that. And the ocean is still only 2.5 hours away whenever
we want to go!

Wyland is the guy who paints the "whaling wall" murals all over the
world. His site says he has completed 84 of them, and I've seen them all
over; even one in Anchorage!

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old June 1st 05, 09:48 PM
sarah.miller

I was at college with Aled Jones. I havn't seen any videos useing music
from the snow man yet. "I'm wheel walking in the air"?
Sarah

--
sarah.miller - SWUM unicyclist

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old June 2nd 05, 02:46 AM
James_Potter

so. they finally figured out who 'Deep Throat' was.... and as it turns
out, he graduated from the University of Idaho! I found that very, very
interesting.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old June 2nd 05, 06:01 AM
halfbike

I don't... Though I wonder how he likes potatoes??? Hmmm.... I wonder
how potatoes affected the course of his life..... hmmm dot dot dot

--
halfbike - Obsessed Rider

We should make a law against gravity!
halfbike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9428

Old June 2nd 05, 08:28 AM
maestro8

continued threadjackI sat behind 2000's Playmate of the year Jodi
Patterson in pre-calculus class at my atrox mater, Thurston Senior High
School. No one could say they enjoyed math class like we could! But
that's not my claim to fame.

My H.S. chemistry lab partner was not my claim to fame either: Kristen
Kinkel, sister of 'Kip Kinkel'
(http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/kinkel/), the psycho-naut
who killed his parents, had a good night's sleep, then went to school
the next day and shot 20 students, killing two of them. No one wants
that kind of association!

Riding Tahoe granite and hanging out at Chateau Lloyd with unicycling's
biggest names during CMW 2004 is on my best-of list, but I won't call it
my number one claim...

My claim to fame will come with my college diploma (in just over a
month!), which will be signed by none other than the Governator himself,
Ahnuld Schwarzenegger. Never once did I think, while watching reruns of
"Terminator" on late-night cable, that I'd receive a personal document
from Arnie himself. Never before have I ever placed anything in a
picture frame and hung it on a wall, but soon, history will be made...
/continued threadjack

--
maestro8 - Mad Scientists for World Domination

Groucho Marx

Old June 2nd 05, 10:32 AM
markf

claim to fame (at least in the uni world) i'm personal friends with
george barnes of GB4 fame. and own 2 of his frames. he started the
unicycle club at Iowa State. woo.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old June 2nd 05, 11:07 AM
Zzagg

2) Drummer from Led Zepplin lives up the road from me, about a mile
from Wolverly High School - the venue of the Kidderminster UniMeets if
any of you have been there

As far as I know, Drummer from Led Zepplin (John Bonham) is dead at that
time... You mean drummer's paradise is located in your area?

--
Zzagg - froggy uni

Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

Riding day, dream away...
Still riding, still dreaming.

please excuse me for still thinking I can write correct english :-o
Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

Music MERCYME Unicycling 26 April 30th 05 10:30 PM
3GEES ONLINE MUSIC PROMOTIONS 2GEES UK Hiphop UK 0 April 3rd 05 10:37 AM
music rights for movies tomsey Unicycling 12 August 5th 04 06:50 AM
Hollywood, Music, Record Holders Gun for Chicago Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 January 26th 04 04:11 PM
Radio 4 Bicycle Music Helen Deborah Vecht UK 1 December 1st 03 03:06 PM