Spinning

Old November 28th 03, 07:07 PM
Pan Man

Default Spinning

I was wondering what the thoughts were on this group regarding using
spinning sessions instead of my usual winter turbo regime.
Has anyone any experience of spinning and what are the thoughts of using
these group sessions during the dark winter months.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Old November 29th 03, 01:27 PM
MSA

"Pan Man" wrote in message
I was wondering what the thoughts were on this group regarding using
spinning sessions instead of my usual winter turbo regime.
Has anyone any experience of spinning and what are the thoughts of using
these group sessions during the dark winter months.

Thanks in advance

Gary

I do spinning sessions...but I do them on my turbo trainer, and out on the
road in my winter training group (usually 1 min blasts at 130+rpm followed
by a 3 min cool down...and repeat). Worth doing but can't comment on gym
spinning sessions. I have visions of a group of posers in their new lycra
with their little bottles of water looking around wondering who's looking at
them. I could be wrong...but I doubt it ;-)

--
Mark (MSA)

Predictive text-messaging is the enip ankloblr

Old November 29th 03, 08:30 PM
Sam Salt

Pan Man wrote:
I was wondering what the thoughts were on this group regarding using
spinning sessions instead of my usual winter turbo regime.
Has anyone any experience of spinning and what are the thoughts of
using these group sessions during the dark winter months.

Thanks in advance

Gary

We started going to weekly spinning sessions after having a go at Cycle
2003.Speaking personally I find it extremely good excercise.After a a few
sessions I seemed to find hills easier when out on the bike,might be
psychological but who cares.If in doubt give it a go,but be prepared to
sweat buckets.If its not your thing you've only wasted an hour and a few
quid.No lycra poseurs in our class but what if there are ,at least they
aren't taking root on the sofa.

Sam Salt

---

Old November 30th 03, 10:35 PM
Marten Hoffmann

schreef ...
Pan Man wrote:
I was wondering what the thoughts were on this group regarding using
spinning sessions instead of my usual winter turbo regime.
Has anyone any experience of spinning and what are the thoughts of
using these group sessions during the dark winter months.

Thanks in advance

Gary

We started going to weekly spinning sessions after having a go at Cycle
2003.Speaking personally I find it extremely good excercise.After a a few
sessions I seemed to find hills easier when out on the bike,might be
psychological but who cares.If in doubt give it a go,but be prepared to
sweat buckets.If its not your thing you've only wasted an hour and a few
quid.No lycra poseurs in our class but what if there are ,at least they
aren't taking root on the sofa.

Sam Salt

You're very right about that. I give Spinning classes so I'm very
biased, but in my classes there are no lycra poseurs either. If there
are, I make them work *real* hard (on a 1 on 1 basis of course).

The ages ranges from early 20s (a few) to early 70s (a few). The
majority is between 35 and 55.

Perhaps you should try several classes since in some of them the
instructors tend to use one kind of music only. If they do, it's almost
always incredibly loud techno house (etcetera). A mix of pop classics
with modern "electronic" music is best for most people. The older ones
relate to the older music, the younger ones ..... fill in the blanks ;-)

Also, see for yourself if the instructors keep an eye open for what goes
on in the class. Do they coach you 1 on 1 if necessary? Do they notice
when somebody is overdoing it? Can they give sound advice as to how to
train to reach a certain personal goal? Etcetera.

If everything's allright: Spinning (or Indoor Cycling as it is known at
some places) is a wonderful *addition* to you normal training regime.

--
Regards,
Marten

Spinning Guide? Roger Zoul General 22 July 26th 04 06:00 AM
Spinning Shoes? What are they? HardwareLust Techniques 2 July 11th 04 02:37 PM
Spinning Tom Blum Recumbent Biking 2 July 19th 03 09:21 PM