Gieten Results

Old November 27th 05, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Gieten Results

No time splits yet. JP was only 45 seconds off Nijs yesterday.
This is pretty darned good company to be in. I anxiously await crit
poo's comments to the contrary.

JC

1. Richard Groenendaal
2. Sven Nys
3. Gerben de Knegt
4. Tom Vannoppen
5. Petr Dlask
6. Bart Wellens
7. Jonathan Page
8. Erwin Vervecken
9. Sven Vanthourenhout
10.Wim Jacobs
11.Enrico Franzoi
12.Wilant Van Gils
13.Radomir Simunek
14.Peter Van Santvliet
15.Martin Zlamalik
16.Kamil Ausbuher
17.Thijs Al
18.Tim Van Nuffel
19.Davy Commeyne
20.Malte Urban

Old November 27th 05, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

jerry in vermont wrote:
This is pretty darned good company to be in.

1. Richard Groenendaal
2. Sven Nys
3. Gerben de Knegt
4. Tom Vannoppen
5. Petr Dlask
6. Bart Wellens
7. Jonathan Page
8. Erwin Vervecken
9. Sven Vanthourenhout

1&2 finished together, 3 alone, 4-9 somewhat fragmented. Vanthourenhout
and Vervecken were at the front of that little group until they crashed
heavily a few turns from the end. Sadly not caught on camera.

--
E. Dronkert
Old November 27th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
jerry in vermont wrote:
This is pretty darned good company to be in.

1. Richard Groenendaal
2. Sven Nys
3. Gerben de Knegt
4. Tom Vannoppen
5. Petr Dlask
6. Bart Wellens
7. Jonathan Page
8. Erwin Vervecken
9. Sven Vanthourenhout

1&2 finished together, 3 alone, 4-9 somewhat fragmented. Vanthourenhout
and Vervecken were at the front of that little group until they crashed
heavily a few turns from the end. Sadly not caught on camera.

--
E. Dronkert

That sounds like what Cori said, briefly. I think JP went down as well
but I think it was before that and had to chase back on, so he would
have been last in the group, which would make sense if he was chasing
back on.

Old November 27th 05, 10:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

That has to be his best result to date. Even being close enough to
Vervecken and Vanthourenhout to beat them following a crash is a step
up. Not to mention beating Franzoi and the other also-runs he is
usually battling.

What is up with Commeyne this year? He seems to be well below his
normal level.

Old November 28th 05, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
What is up with Commeyne this year? He seems to be well below his
normal level.

In Dutch:
http://www.superprestigecyclocross.c...1.asp?idx=1928
Summ.: he said he overtrained, too intense. He feels it slowly going
better now. He's confident the good legs will be back if he keeps working
bloody hard in training.

Doh.

--
E. Dronkert
Old November 28th 05, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
What is up with Commeyne this year? He seems to be well below his
normal level.

In Dutch:
http://www.superprestigecyclocross.c...1.asp?idx=1928
Summ.: he said he overtrained, too intense. He feels it slowly going
better now. He's confident the good legs will be back if he keeps working
bloody hard in training.

Sounds like more of the same.

Old November 28th 05, 12:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Franzoi seems to be suffering from riding a full road season for
Lampre.
Seems to me most of the races I've seen Page is not at the front of the
race (i.e. the guys who get on TV) after the first lap or two. Last
year's worlds he was there for half the race or so, but so were 25
other guys. At this Superprestige race it sounds like he was right up
there in the mix the whole time. He shouldn't expect to be on the
podium yet. Vervecken, Franzoi, Van Noppen have days on the podium and
then days where they are back with Page. Page finishes with them when
they are on a bad day and he's on a good day, on his bad days he's back
in the midst of all the also-rans around 15th- 20th.

Old November 28th 05, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Hey, do you ever ride at Fair Hill?

Old November 29th 05, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Yeah. If you like come out and race the two cyclocross races I'm
promoting there this weekend.

Old NAUCC racing results -- where? David_Stone Unicycling 5 August 24th 05 08:53 PM
Kerry: Campy Bush: Shimano Ed Sullivan General 115 October 18th 04 05:47 AM
Twilight Results Past Top 3 for M & W? Dahron Johnson Racing 3 April 26th 04 04:44 PM
RBR Retards hold my beer and watch this... Racing 17 September 4th 03 12:29 AM
Alpenrose Challenge Results for Friday, 18Jul2003 Mike Murray Racing 6 July 23rd 03 12:17 AM