Creaking noise from shoe/pedal

Old September 10th 03, 12:38 PM
B. Schneider

Default Creaking noise from shoe/pedal

I have Shimano SPD road pedal with iQ ATB shoes. After less 100 miles, first
the left and now both shoes started to make a creaking noise. (The noise
resembles the noise of walking in very cold snow.) I have made sure that the
cleats are properly attached to the shoes and that there is nothing loose on
the pedals. I tried greasing the cleats, with little success.

Any ideas for how to eliminate that annoying noise ?

Thanks, Bengt.

Old September 10th 03, 01:44 PM
Peter Cole

"B. Schneider" wrote in message
I have Shimano SPD road pedal with iQ ATB shoes. After less 100 miles, first
the left and now both shoes started to make a creaking noise. (The noise
resembles the noise of walking in very cold snow.) I have made sure that the
cleats are properly attached to the shoes and that there is nothing loose on
the pedals. I tried greasing the cleats, with little success.

Any ideas for how to eliminate that annoying noise ?

It may be the pedal rubbing on the sole just under (above) the cleat, try
lubricating the plastic there.

Old September 10th 03, 06:38 PM
B. Schneider

Pretty sure, I rode the bike with regular sneakers (not recommended on those
pedals) and the noise went away.

Old September 13th 03, 03:54 AM
B. Schneider

Just in case anybody encounters the same problem:
It turned out to be cleat. I removed the cleat, greased the screws and the
cleat where it touches the shoe.
Now everything is nice and quiet again.