Lightweight & Durable quill stem

Old September 14th 03, 10:51 AM
KinkyCowboy

Default Lightweight & Durable quill stem

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:53:46 -0700, Mark Wolfe
wrote:

What's a good lightweight and durable quill stem? Control Tech seems to be
pretty nice. I'm playing with the idea of getting my all steel bike below
19lbs without going to a carbon fork.

Thanks

How light do you want it? What do you mean by "all steel"?

The ITM Eclypse steel stem is not over heavy (at 250g it's the
lightest ITM quill stem apart from the titanium one), and plenty
durable from over 10 years personal experience, if you want to
continue the steel theme.

http://www.itm.it/catalogo/inglese/s...6&tab=attacchi

If you,ve got plenty of money and really want to shave those grams,
the Cinelli Grammo is very light (165g), and again I have had one for
over 10 years so I'm reasonably confident about durability.

http://www.cinelli.it/eng/bici/attac...MO_STRADA.html

Kinky Cowboy

*Your milage may vary
Batteries not included
May contain traces of nuts.
Old September 14th 03, 04:45 PM
onefred

I recently weighed a Profile steel quill stem and it was only 200 grams using an accurate
digital scale. That's pretty light even for some Ti stems!

Dave

Old September 15th 03, 07:47 AM
Mark Wolfe

The Cinelli keeps coming up. All steel is a Waterford Paramount with
the original threaded steel fork.

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org
gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6 8C71