British Unicycle Convention - Back on!

Old August 14th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BUC15

Default British Unicycle Convention - Back on!

BUC15 will happen!

Details:
3rd to 5th October 2008
Sandford Holiday Park, Dorset ('their website'
(http://tinyurl.com/6cotey))
We have reserved 80 pitches for tents, there is space for your own
camper vans or similar and there are also caravans on site if you want
to make your own arrangements.

We will have registration open as soon as possible - basically once we
have confirmed the prices.

Price will definately be alot cheaper than the previous proposed venue,
and roughly in line with previous BUCs if not cheaper. Food is not
included as there are shops and restaurants on site.

There'll be all the usual stuff, plus a swimming pool, go karts etc.

There are basket ball courts we can use for basketball and hockey, lots
of outdoor space, a nice space for freestyle. Also plenty of indoor
space incase it rains (as if!) We're still working on something for
trials and we will have a local sports hall for the hockey tournament.
The area is full of countryside and possible muni rides.

We will let you know as soon as registration is open. See you there!

--
BUC15
Old August 14th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

Woohoo!

--
Eddbmxdude

"I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Old August 14th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

Awesome, not only is it on, it's at the same end of the country as I
am

Well done to the organisers for sorting it out!

--
domesticated ape
Old August 14th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
billybrown

Some of us knew already, since it was 'announced here'
(http://www.unicycleforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47) over a week
ago.

--
billybrown
Old August 14th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

Nice one guys! Will be there for definite!

--
amanda.gallacher

'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)'unicycle.com'
(http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

~o"o~Unicycle for Probailer2~o"o~
Old August 14th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
j-n

Yay, that's great! After being at BUC14 and now remembering those great
workshops , muni rides and all that fun & atmosphere (and then
regretting not trying to play unihockey)... I'm really wondering about
flying to UK again

I hope I manage to squeeze my tent + muni enough to fit the baggage
limits..

--
j-n
Old August 15th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
net_hippy

I live in Scotland and work Monday to Friday so wouldn't realistically
be able to make it down til some time mid to late Saturday. Would it
still be worth going?

--
net_hippy

Sometimes I touch myself at night and think about me...

http://www.willwemakeit.com/africanpanda
Old August 15th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

net_hippy wrote:
I live in Scotland and work Monday to Friday so wouldn't realistically
be able to make it down til some time mid to late Saturday. Would it
still be worth going?

I'm leaving from Edinburgh, just jump on the train after work and
you'll be there in no time.
Gimme a message if you're interested in meeting up and heading down.

Any thoughts on a street comp?

Glad it's happening.

Jason

--
KlownLife

One hop is a gift, two hops...now you're just taking the ****!

UNICYCLE.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLE.UK.COM/\")

"Unicyclists are irresistable. Science confirms it"
Old August 15th 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

I'm there. don't know how but i'll be there! starting uni the week
before but BUC is way more important!

--
brendan
Old August 15th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Fantastic! I'll be there for sure.

I've just had a look on the map, and it's only about 5 miles or so away
from Monkey World, so if anyone fancies joining me for a ride out to
meet the real 'Semach' (http://tinyurl.com/5o8584), you're more than
welcome.

STM

--