Generic folding bicycles akin to the R20

Old July 3rd 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Keiron[_5_]

Default Generic folding bicycles akin to the R20

I recently purchased 2 folders from ebay, weighing in only at £17 for the
2. Not bad despite not being raleigh brand. However a search on the web
reveals nothing of the brands. One is a Chelsea Capital, or Capital
Chelsea perhaps, and the other reads Li-Lo Toys - Sovereign. Despite the
'toys' part of the name it's a full size, hefty 20"er.

Anyone know about these brands? Were there many manufacturers of frames
of these type? i.e. I'm wondering if they're not made by Raleigh and
rebranded.

Incidentally, at 6'3" and 120kg I was surprised how stable the ride felt,
and how reasonably comfortable I was with the stock seatpost and stem. On
the other hand, it was not until I glanced my reflection in the window of
a parked car did I realise how much of a tool I looked riding it!!
Old July 3rd 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 03/07/10 1:01 PM, Keiron wrote:
I recently purchased 2 folders from ebay, weighing in only at £17 for the
2. Not bad despite not being raleigh brand. However a search on the web
reveals nothing of the brands. One is a Chelsea Capital, or Capital
Chelsea perhaps, and the other reads Li-Lo Toys - Sovereign. Despite the
'toys' part of the name it's a full size, hefty 20"er.

Anyone know about these brands? Were there many manufacturers of frames
of these type? i.e. I'm wondering if they're not made by Raleigh and
rebranded.

There are probably 100 factories in China building this sort of folding
bike under a plethora of brand names. Li-Lo is an importer of various
Chinese products, and it would not surprise me that at one time they
decided to do some folding bicycles.
Old July 4th 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:46:39 -0700, SMS
wrote:

There are probably 100 factories in China building this sort of folding
bike under a plethora of brand names.

http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Folding_Bike.html
1292 products and 322 suppliers listed.
--