What do the Germans know?

Old October 25th 14, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_7_]

Default What do the Germans know?

I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

Lou
Old October 25th 14, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

Lou Holtman writes:

I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

Judging from the bikes on display, the average German cyclist must be over six feet tall.

--
Joe Riel
Old October 25th 14, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 9:09:04 AM UTC-7, Lou Holtman wrote:
I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

Lou

That has to be one of the largest bike shops in the world. However, it appears to be woefully lacking in clutter and inked Bohemians (preferably serving espresso) -- essential features of any good U.S. bike shop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2OicP5TMM

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 25th 14, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_7_]

jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, October 25, 2014 9:09:04 AM UTC-7, Lou Holtman wrote:
I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

Lou

That has to be one of the largest bike shops in the world. However, it
appears to be woefully lacking in clutter and inked Bohemians (preferably
serving espresso) -- essential features of any good U.S. bike shop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2OicP5TMM

-- Jay Beattie.

Hé it is a German shop: clean, well organized and efficient. Very few
employees with (visible) tatoos and/ or piercings. They have a coffee
corner though.
--
Lou
Old October 25th 14, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_7_]

Joe Riel wrote:
Lou Holtman writes:

I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

Judging from the bikes on display, the average German cyclist must be over six feet tall.

Putting the seatpost way up has a reason; not to scratch the post above the
final position.

--
Lou
Old October 25th 14, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

On 25/10/2014 17:11, Lou Holtman wrote:
I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

I have mistakenly let my wife see those pictures. Now she will have
marked the road atlas with an exclusion zone.

(she wouldn't let me go to the Unimog museum either).

Old October 25th 14, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_7_]

Clive George schreef op 25-10-2014 19:47:
On 25/10/2014 17:11, Lou Holtman wrote:
I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

I have mistakenly let my wife see those pictures. Now she will have
marked the road atlas with an exclusion zone.

(she wouldn't let me go to the Unimog museum either).

For the same reason I go only once a year. Everytime I need some
clothing. They have al the major brands and available in all the sizes,
which means I never leave without. This time a winter jacket and
wintershoes ;-)

Lou
Old October 25th 14, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/25/2014 9:11 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

Amazing.

There is no place like that in the United States. Most of the shops are
very small with a very small selection of clothing and accessories.

I think that they should open a branch in Silicon Valley.

Old October 25th 14, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Lou Holtman wrote:
I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

Aside from the huge store Germans probably also hold the record for the
biggest bicycle:

http://www.recordholders.org/en/records/didi.html

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old October 25th 14, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 6:47:13 PM UTC+1, Clive George wrote:
On 25/10/2014 17:11, Lou Holtman wrote:
I did my annual trip to (one of) the largest bikeshop(s) of Germany
today which is within a one hour drive from my house. What do the
Germans know? I took some pictures. Judge for yourself. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1010765...eat=directlink

I have mistakenly let my wife see those pictures. Now she will have
marked the road atlas with an exclusion zone.

(she wouldn't let me go to the Unimog museum either).

I've travelled in Unimogs in Africa in terrain suited to them. Not very comfortable. In civilization it is a vehicle for a similar type of person who buys a Land Rover 90 with those curved windows in the roof, in short, a poser. Super durable engineering though, for the circumstances for which it was designed.

Andre Jute

The Germans are sensible. Peter Keller[_3_] UK 13 April 4th 14 10:04 AM
LOL, thanks Rob Arndt, rocket bicycle in Germany by Germans LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 4 March 9th 08 06:53 AM
Germans Just Visiting UK 17 August 31st 06 07:30 PM
here come the Germans Andre Racing 0 July 8th 06 11:02 PM