The "great mental ward of the Pacific Northwest"

Old January 21st 19, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default The "great mental ward of the Pacific Northwest"

On 1/21/2019 3:01 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
:On 1/21/2019 10:29 AM, wrote:
: On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 4:47:45 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
: On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 2:47:18 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
:
: Talk about crime, the number of people at Mt. Hood Meadows was heinous! We made it a short ski day because of my son's reconstructed ankles causing him pain. I'm going out for a short ride so I can say I rode and skied today, plus I need to track down a noise on my Synapse. I think it might be as mundane as two CO2 cartridges banging against each other in my seat pack.
:
:
: -- Jay Beattie.
:
: Epilogue: the sound that I thought was the BB was in fact a Keo Max pedal axle assembly (left) that had unscrewed from the body, and the body was slightly loose. I don't know why, and you can't really reef on the retaining ring without end loading the bearing. If it happens again, I'll throw some Loctite of the appropriate type.
:
: -- Jay Beattie.
:
: It would be nice if you could get the industrial type that doesn't "lock" the threads with glue but just makes it hard to remove. Since you have to use that plastic wrench commercial locktite can strip it.

:You can easily get Loctite 242 at Lowes, Home Depot, Autozone, Pep Boys
:and a hundred other places.

:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/LOCTITE-Mul...esive/50083054

:Similar stuff is available under different brand names, too.

:BTW (more technical discussion!!!) I know that Loctite makes a purple
:thread locker that's requires even less torque to remove, but I've never
:seen it in a store. Maybe industrial supply houses carry it? I wonder if
:anyone here has ever used it. It's supposed to be appropriate for soft
:aluminum.

222. It's available at amazon. I've got a tube in my toolbox (or
had, haven't seen it in a while. haven't looked either), which I went
to some trouble to find, eventually getting it from a dealer parts
department (I forget which brand of car, but it was in their
catalog, and in stock).
I got it to deal with carb adjustment screws on a packard that
wouldn't stay put. Nothing to put load on the threads meant they
vibrated out of adjustment.

I'm curious about the Packard. Which one?

Our metro area is the original home of Packard, and is the site of the
National Packard Museum.
https://packardmuseum.org/ex1.aspx

My friends and I will again be making our annual trip to their Antique
Motorcycle exhibit.
http://www.packardmuseum.org/MotorcycleExhibit.aspx

Their web page for that exhibit is out of date. This year, 2019, the
focus is on racing motorcycles. Tom really would find it interesting,
I'm sure.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 22nd 19, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

: Frank Krygowski wrote:
: :On 1/21/2019 10:29 AM, wrote:
: : On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 4:47:45 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
: : On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 2:47:18 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
: :
[...]

A convertible. A caribbean, maybe. (Wasn't mine, it was a
customers.) Something from the early 50s, any way.

--
sig 15
Old January 22nd 19, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

: Frank Krygowski wrote:
: :On 1/21/2019 10:29 AM, wrote:
[...]

Ah, they had one of those long, long convertibles the last time I
visited. It's probably part of their permanent collection.

It's the kind of car that would use two VW Beetles as tugboats to help
maneuver it into a parking space.

--
- Frank Krygowski