Looking for a Wheelbuilder

Old February 9th 05, 07:50 PM
Wasatch5k

Default Looking for a Wheelbuilder

Just bought me some new hoops, now I need to get them laced up. Anybody
know any reputable wheel builders in the Greater Salt Lake City, Utah
area? Nothing beats a well built wheel set!

Thanks,

Nate

--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...
Old February 9th 05, 07:57 PM
Wasatch5k

One more thing --

How much should I expect to pay to have 2 wheels built? (I already have
the hubs and the rims)

Nate

Old February 9th 05, 08:06 PM
Wasatch5k

Wasatch5k wrote:
Just bought me some new hoops, now I need to get them laced up. Anybody
know any reputable wheel builders in the Greater Salt Lake City, Utah
area? Nothing beats a well built wheel set!

Thanks,

Nate

One more thing--

How much should I expect to pay to get 2 wheels laced? (I already have
the rims and hubs)

Thanks

--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...
Old February 9th 05, 08:39 PM
Dave Thompson

Wasatch5k wrote:
Just bought me some new hoops, now I need to get them laced up.
Anybody know any reputable wheel builders in the Greater Salt Lake
City, Utah area? Nothing beats a well built wheel set!

Thanks,

Nate

If you find a great wheelbuilder, you will pay whatever he charges.

Old February 9th 05, 09:13 PM
Wasatch5k

Dave Thompson wrote:

If you find a great wheelbuilder, you will pay whatever he charges.

Very true my friend.

--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...
Old February 9th 05, 11:28 PM
Paul Kopit

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:57:42 -0700, Wasatch5k
wrote:

One more thing --

How much should I expect to pay to have 2 wheels built? (I already have
the hubs and the rims)

Butted spokes, $.75 each, single guage, $.45 each, $4 rim tape and
$35/wheel for the build.
Old February 9th 05, 11:40 PM
bfd

That sounds about right. In the San Francisco bay area, 32 db spokes
and nipples cost about $25/wheel and labor ranges from about $45-55 per
wheel.

Old February 10th 05, 01:21 AM
Jeff Starr

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:50:07 -0700, Wasatch5k
wrote:

Just bought me some new hoops, now I need to get them laced up. Anybody
know any reputable wheel builders in the Greater Salt Lake City, Utah
area? Nothing beats a well built wheel set!

Thanks,

Nate

Hi, send them to Peter at Vecchio's.
http://www.vecchios.com/

I had a set built by him last spring, I have 2500 problem free miles
on them and they are still true. In fact I just checked them, to be
sure. [The bike is in a spare bedroom.]

I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin, but I choose Peter because he always
posts about doing things the right way, no shortcuts, and the proper
tool for the job.

I also sent him the hubs, so he is willing to let you supply some or
all the parts.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old February 10th 05, 02:25 AM
Tom Sherman

Jeff Starr wrote:

I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin, but I choose Peter [Chisholm] because he always
posts about doing things the right way, no shortcuts, and the proper
tool for the job....

I disagree. AwOL is not the proper tool for Usenet posting!

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old February 10th 05, 02:29 AM
Tom Sherman

Wasatch5k wrote:

Just bought me some new hoops, now I need to get them laced up. Anybody
know any reputable wheel builders in the Greater Salt Lake City, Utah
area? Nothing beats a well built wheel set!

Order the third book from the top of this page
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/books.html.

Read the book.

Look in mirror.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

aberdeen wheelbuilder sought james UK 2 August 28th 04 10:10 AM
Perth: Good Wheelbuilder [email protected] Australia 7 July 28th 04 11:34 PM