Velonews post-they just don't get it

Old July 29th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Banned

Default Velonews post-they just don't get it

Do they?

The German rider, who was fifth in the Tour's general classification
before withdrawing, was at a loss to understand how other cyclists can
be involved in doping.

"Vinokourov is accused of doing a blood transfusion, but he knew he
would have been tested," Klöden said. "It's like driving at 150 kph,
while you are restricted to 80 and there are speed cameras all around
you. The same with Matthias Kessler. He had a testosterone level
higher than we've ever seen before. And that between two races where
he was challenging for victory, and would have known tests were
likely. Nobody can be so stupid."

Even more ominously, he raised the possibility of riders' careers
being sacrificed in the current dispute between Tour organizers ASO
and the UCI.

"I know it sounds fanciful," he said. "In cycling the UCI and ASO are
fighting for the Tour. People are plotting things; everyone is wishing
the worst for everyone else. A lot of money is at stake. What if some
people are manipulating things, ruining things, in order to take
control of what's left?"

'I have seen the enemy and they are us'..is what they need to do. It
is not criminal elements..but the rider next to you that is doping,
you dope.

Disco and Velonews Frank Drackman Racing 6 September 21st 06 04:21 AM
Sleepy VeloNews B. Lafferty Racing 4 June 30th 06 04:51 PM
Dear Velonews.... Earl Racing 16 March 26th 06 08:15 PM
VeloNews: Why Ride? [email protected] Mountain Biking 1 January 24th 05 06:05 PM
Velonews typo MagillaGorilla Racing 0 November 16th 04 01:03 PM