Just a reminder we need Bike Lanes

Old December 5th 04, 02:43 PM
DonQuijote1954

(Wayne) wrote in message om...
An article in today's Orlando Sentinel: Traffic, Bicyclists on
Collision Course.

http://www.orlandosentinal.com/news/...orl-home-promo

Included in the story concerning the dangers of cycling in Lake
County, there are responses from an FHP officer -- tired cyclists "end
up misjudging distances or not hearing cars coming up behind them;"
"This is an attractive area for them to come and train .. but roads
aren't designed and built for them."

I would have thought a comment about stricter enforcement against
dangerous driving, and more official recognition that, even in Lake
County, bicycles are vehicles and have all pertinent rights, might
have been more helpful.

Wayne

This is reality. You don't belong there, you are not welcome there,
and you can only get killed. Of course, you can still try it, but you
are on your own.
Old December 9th 04, 10:30 PM
Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson wrote:

So, .... do you understand this? Have you ever heard of courtesy.

Usenet has standards - guidelines that make it work (if people follow them).

Meta discussions are nearly as bad as trolls - a complete waste of
bandwidth, for the most part.

snip

... you write all this stuff that has nothing to do with biking or
driving. Are you unaware of the apparent hypocrisy?

snip

(unless you are doing it merely to display your piety.)

It seems egoistic to attempt to control someone over which you have no
leverage.

it's not about anything other than your desire to censor other
people.

Uhhmmm. Hello? That finger you're pointing at me is pointing into a
mirror. Can you see your reflection?

I clearly know the difference between your and my posts and the
cross-posted flame baiting trolls that DQ repeatedly (ad infinitum)
subjects so many people to. There is a big difference, and I think you
know it too.

I see no reason to change my reading habits because a single flame
baiting troll enters the arena.

BTW, ... I *am* done now. My point has been made.

[Removing rec.autos.driving and alt.urban.planning from the header: Hope
that doesn't exclude you. I wonder what group you are responding from.]

ObTopics: Since snow is on the ground here, I have had to hang up my
bike for the winter, and have begun driving again. It sucks, but
spring is not all that far off.

[Removing rec.autos.driving and alt.urban.planning from the header: Hope
that doesn't exclude you. I wonder what group you are responding from.]

Spring is not far off? Winter has not even really begun. Buy some warmer
layered clothing, put on some knobbie tires and get back out there.
"make everyone (including yourself) a lot happier."

(... says someone from the foot of the Rocky Mountains and a place that
averages more than 300 days with sunshine per year. ø¿ø¬). We've had one
big snow, but the roads are ridable again. And that's where I just got
back from.

--
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
Old December 9th 04, 10:30 PM
Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson wrote:

[...]

Just a reminder we need Bike Lanes JRKRideau Rides 4 December 3rd 04 02:51 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
FAQ? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 October 1st 03 01:02 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM