Thinking about buying a Cheap Chinese knockoff or anything?

Old December 16th 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Thinking about buying a Cheap Chinese knockoff or anything?

On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 10:27:54 PM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 10:31:10 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

What is plain is that you don't know what you're talking about. Mil Spec
parts for new devices are NEVER released until the manufacturer develops
those boards and the Military receives and tests them to the new spec
and qualifies them.

Really. shame other entities can provide equivalent stuff.

Since I actually design and program these boards and have actually gone
through these procedures many times what is plain is that you should
cease and desist acting as if you know anything about them.

Yep, I know what is in the description in the catalogue. None of my
customers were ever in the market for "mil spec" custom design and as i
said, it was connsumer grade stuff being used in naval ships and not my
gonads, so wtf!

I'd be surprised if you sold anything higher tech than a Commodore 64.

I should have actually taken a distributorship in them; they are still
selling like hot cakes decades later. Yep, as per your defintion of "high
tech", and as I've already said, AFAIK none of my stuff ever went into
"space" although some of the ancient computing stuff in a community group
I helped out with was on standby when that ancient NASA craft came back
and they were trying to recover comms with it.

Sure, your selling manufacturers products makes you a high tech genius.
Old December 17th 18, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 11:03:31 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 4:00:29 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 10:34:08 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 7:16:50 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 12:51:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

I am retired and looking for work.

On Dictionary.com the definition of retired is "withdrawn from or no longer occupied with one's business or profession". Its generally understood that when you are "retired" you stopped working and don't want to work. Yet you claim to be "retired" AND are looking for work. It would probably help you a lot if you were more focused. Stop going left and right, and up and down, and backwards and forwards, all at the same time. Pick one direction or task and focus on it. You are either retired, OR looking for work. You can't be both at the same time.

I suggest you grow up. I was forcibly retired when I couldn't remember my name without opening my wallet and reading my license. I was treated and am not looking for work because I am bored. But you may invent anything you want because that's just the way the group here is. And if there's one thing you all have is the desire to be groupies.

I find it strange that while you "couldn't remember my name without
opening my wallet and reading my license" you could remember all the
wondrous things that you have done and brag about.

Selective memory, a strange affliction.
(are you sure that you don't suffer from hallucinations?)

cheers,

John B.

John, you're really brave from the distance of Thailand. Were you within arms reach you'd be the one "wiggling and squirming".

Memory loss from severe concussion is unpredictable. And over time large portions of it can reappear, I never loss any memories of my technical abilities and I can remember everything on my resume.

I also have never forgotten how to treat people like you and you well know it. So from your position of safety you can act the brave soul. But you are nothing more than a coward.

Lets face reality Tom. You are in your seventies and photos of you
posted on the web show a narrow shouldered, bald headed, old man.
Hardly the Viking Warrior of your imagination.

As for your memory loss, it is quite obvious. You write "I also have
never forgotten how to treat people like you and you well know it"
forgetting that you have never met me and you don't know anything
about me, but yet "you've never forgotten". Good Lord, you've actually
forgotten that you never knew me.

Pitiful!

cheers,

John B.

Old December 19th 18, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

John, you're welcome to take a swing at me anytime you think you have the intestinal fortitude. Which in your case is never.

I have NEVER claimed to be fast. I have claimed to usually ride on or even off the back particularly on climbs. That I can ride fast sometimes should surprise no one but someone that frequents a bicycle forum that rides a grocery store bike once a week like yourself.