Upgrading shifter

Old March 27th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.off-road
K. Shelton

Default Upgrading shifter

I need to install a twist-grip shifter to replace Shimano Deore XT thumb
shifters. My wife has arthritis in her right thumb.

The front is 3 speed. The rear is 7 speed.

I'm thinking of SRAM MRX COMP 7 speed pair.

Is this the right shifter for this application?

Any tips? Any traps for me to avoid?

New cable suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken

Old April 3rd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.off-road

Those should work nice.I think they work with shimano derailors,
If not look for a older set of Attack shifters they are shimano Compatible .
7 speeds are kind of tricky to find now good luck and Happy riding.

--
J/O TrailBlazer V P At Large !!

What makes a Shimano STI shifter better than another STI shifter? Earl Bollinger Techniques 7 June 27th 06 02:47 AM
FS Dura Ace 9 sp shifter (rear), Downtube shifter/brake package [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 20th 04 06:05 PM
upgrading MTB and some OT Bryan UK 7 August 10th 04 10:25 PM
upgrading juggling_guy Unicycling 2 April 4th 04 06:14 PM
convert down tube shifter to bar-end shifter Phil Brown Techniques 5 August 28th 03 04:15 PM