Upgrading the forks on a 1995 Diamondback Vertex

Old April 18th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.off-road

Default Upgrading the forks on a 1995 Diamondback Vertex

I have a Vertex from around 1995 and it has a pair of manitou forks
on. They're prettymuch knackered but I really like the bike and I
can;'t afford to replace it anyway, so wanted to change the forks
out.
Anyone know what I need to measure to find a pair that will fit? I
know front shocks have chnaged a hell of a lot over the last 10 years
so does anyone kmnow what I need to look out for in a new pair to make
sure they fit / work etc etc? I'm looking at buying 2nd hand so can't
rely on help from a retailer.

Thanks in advance for any tips

John

1995 Campagnolo Mirage - will new one fit? David In NH Techniques 8 August 15th 06 05:27 PM
Opinion of Vertex 10? hugo General 0 June 6th 06 04:47 AM
July 18, 1995 crit PRO Racing 1 July 18th 05 04:25 PM
FA: Rocky Mountian Team Vertex Full XTR JE Marketplace 2 February 5th 05 10:29 PM
USCF Juniors 1995 * where are they now? crit pro Racing 4 August 11th 04 09:43 PM