3 flat tires in a row??

Old April 17th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

Default 3 flat tires in a row??

"Roger Zoul" wrote: Well, at least he had enough sense not to charge $16!
And I'd have enough
sense not to hire him again a few miles down the road.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why would he rush down the road and scatter new tacks? If you're on a
centrury, he knows there are lots more bikes coming, and he gets to use the
same handful of tacks over and over. You're probably not the first sucker
(strike that) willing customer he's had in the last few hours.

Old April 17th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

"Leo Lichtman" wrote

"Roger Zoul" wrote: Well, at least he had enough sense not to charge
$16! And I'd have enough
sense not to hire him again a few miles down the road.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why would he rush down the road and scatter new tacks? If you're on a
centrury, he knows there are lots more bikes coming, and he gets to use
the same handful of tacks over and over. You're probably not the first
sucker (strike that) willing customer he's had in the last few hours.

I forgot to mention that I'm usually bringing up the rear!

At least in the hills.

Old April 18th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

"Roger Zoul" wrote: I forgot to mention that I'm usually bringing up the
rear! (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Part of that may be because a kid fixing your flat for $5 is probably slower
than you.

Old April 19th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TBerk

On Apr 16, 1:42 pm, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
"TBerk" (clip) The most I ever had was two in one day (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think two friends of mine may have set the world's record in that regard.
One of the rode on the shoulder and went through a patch of puncture vines,
betting possibly 50 or more leaks in each tire, all at once. The other
fellow said, "where did you do that?" and went over to check it out. A
minute later he had 50 or 60 thorns in each of his tires. The job fell to
me to ride back and get the car. It kind of ruined our day.

While on one of those cross country by bus w/ Dad because he doesn't
ride airplanes to visit relatives along the way type trips I had a
chance to ride my cousin's ten speed in the local neighborhood near
Denver, CO.

I swear I left a trail of bread crumbs to find my way back but riding
though the park came up with two flat tires. (The kid in from out of
town don't know to avoid riding the paths with the thorns),

Top it all off I stopped by the police station, didn't get any help (I
was lost) and looked at a map on the wall to get back to base camp.

I walked that damn bike for over two hours looking for the landmarks I
had seen on the way out, some Green Slime in the tires would have been
a great thing in Thorn Country.

TBerk

Flat Resistant or Flat Proof Tires Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 9 February 3rd 07 05:35 AM
Mysterious flat tires Bob Newman General 22 June 3rd 06 02:37 AM
Run Flat tires Bert L.am Techniques 19 December 15th 04 10:27 AM
Kerry's flat tires Art Harris General 133 November 10th 04 12:13 AM
Flat Tires TRIKKE8 Australia 0 November 7th 04 02:39 PM