Honk for the Revolution!

Old October 22nd 11, 12:56 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Honk for the Revolution!

Total frustration in trying to ride a bike on the road and mixed
paths. Dog owner leaving poop behind, drivers blasting the horn,
calling us names, trying to make life miserable for us. They succeeded
in terrorizing us for the time being. Time to look for alternatives
and reinforcements.

I want to wear this t-shirt that says, "Honk for the Revolution!"
Perhaps we can channel bad energy into good one. I'd get depressed if
I don't find a way to outsmart them.

Other option is go SUPing (paddle board) and leaving land altogether.
The ocean is another world without much mundane stress. When one world
closes on you, look for another reality. This is a sad world. Make it
a beach.

Old October 22nd 11, 02:47 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

We came under attack while in the "safety" provided by one of these...

http://streetswiki.wikispaces.com/fi...w-bikelane.jpg

Pretty declarations --that cars should share the lane-- without
enforcement mean nothing. In a way it reminds of a story that carries
a lot of wisdom...

THE KINGDOM OF THE LION, by Aesop

THE BEASTS of the field and forest had a Lion as their king. He was
neither wrathful, cruel, nor tyrannical, but just and gentle as a king
could be. During his reign he made a royal proclamation for a general
assembly of all the birds and beasts, and drew up conditions for a
universal league, in which the Wolf and the Lamb, the Panther and the
Kid, the Tiger and the Stag, the Dog and the Hare, should live
together in perfect peace and amity. The Hare said, "Oh, how I have
longed to see this day, in which the weak shall take their place with
impunity by the side of the strong." And after the Hare said this, he
ran for his life.

***

ANALYSIS: The world is full of pretty declarations that are not
enforced in real life. One example is the simple, MORAL act of riding
a bike --which is legal and yet it makes you fair game for the
predators behind the wheel.

The solution is to REVERSE the hierarchy and make pedestrians, for
example, have priority over cyclists, cyclists over cars, and so on.
Then enforce the laws and educate the people.

Old October 22nd 11, 04:39 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

wrote:

Total frustration in trying to ride a bike on the road and mixed
paths. Dog owner leaving poop behind, drivers blasting the horn,
calling us names, trying to make life miserable for us. They succeeded
in terrorizing us for the time being. Time to look for alternatives
and reinforcements.

I want to wear this t-shirt that says, "Honk for the Revolution!"
Perhaps we can channel bad energy into good one. I'd get depressed
if
I don't find a way to outsmart them.

Other option is go SUPing (paddle board) and leaving land altogether.
The ocean is another world without much mundane stress. When one
world
closes on you, look for another reality. This is a sad world. Make
it
a beach.

Leave it to the geese.

Actually a driver stopped patiently for a duck crossing the street.
Birds remain free for the most part and know nothing of our struggle
for survival.

You quack me up.

"Quack, quack for the Revolution!"

Just before I do SUPing I want to say this much: THE BEACH IS FULL OF
****!

That's dog **** AND cat ****. But, of course, it only applies to the
land not the water. Feral cats number hundreds and the beautiful
people bring their fine dogs to do poop, often leaving the crap
behind. A tourist girl caught a disease from it and the **** spread to
Europe, so they were forced to do some damage control, or at least
public image control. They had a sophisticated computer show where the
cat concentrations were at the city's disposal. Other people were
infected later and who knows what happened next, but the cats are
still there and some people feed them openly. The cat people sure have
a mission in life, and then retire to their cages --free of cats.

And the monkey is throwing the **** back at them... Just kidding.

Old October 22nd 11, 09:39 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Oct 22, 1:49 pm, wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Julian wrote:
On 22/10/2011 00:04, Wilson wrote:
"Kitty wrote:
wrote in message
"Kitty wrote:
wrote in message
Wilson wrote:
wrote:
Has anyone here ever discussed the evidence of capitalism

and
buddhism
being profoundly at odds with each other ?

Desire is the springboard for all the achievements of capitalism.
Desire is the root cause of human suffering.
And service is the springboard for success in the free and

open
market.

That's the funniest assertion you have ever ventured here

! Clap clap
!

I didnt expect you to understand. The real world is where

I live.
People
do not give me their money if I do not provide good service.

You
pretend
to not understand the power of freedom.

--
Wilson

Eventually very few will be able to afford a new shed. What

then?

You appear to be convinced that liberty causes impoverishment.

That is
exactly backwards.

--
Wilson

No - I foolishly thought that perhaps empathy might help. If

(and I hope
this never happens) you were in the position of more and more

people who
can't make a living (I think it's something like five people for

every one
job opening right now), would that perhaps make a difference in

your belief
that the free market is working and that all alone it can mend

what is
happening? What I see when I listen to the hyperbole in the audiences

of
republican debates...is the appearance of 'let them eat cake'

at best, and
downright cruelty about people struggling at worse. Cain says

it's their
fault...over and over. Is it? Do you think the recession that

is dipping
towards a depression is just a media hype?

Isn't freedom a state of mind?

Kitty

The free market is the best answer to solve economic problems.

I don't think a free market will ever be allowed.
It's not in the power elites' interest to have
competition from all and sundry.

Some of the power elite understand that a rising tide does lift all
boats.

--
Wilson

Good arguent if you own all the boats.

It's very simple:

If you don't own a boat... you drown.

If you don't have a car... you are grounded.

If you don't drive a truck... you are nothing.

Old October 22nd 11, 09:50 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Fatter Than Ever Moe

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:
"Kitty wrote:
wrote in message
"Kitty wrote:
wrote in message
Wilson wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I just cut a piece of plywood using my Chinese made saw. Do you think
that could be part of the problem? Some Chinese place made that saw
and the American money it cost wound up in China. Why do you suppose
that is?
Old October 23rd 11, 12:00 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

"Kitty *wrote:
*wrote in message
"Kitty *wrote:
*wrote in message
*wrote:
Wilson wrote:
*wrote:
[...]

You should be buying "Proudly made in USA." If not available buy made
in Taiwan or Korea.

Don't buy little American flags... they are made in China.
Old October 23rd 11, 01:55 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Fatter Than Ever Moe

"Kitty wrote:
wrote in message
"Kitty wrote:

http://www.wimp.com/monkeysfeast/
Old October 23rd 11, 02:30 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Oct 22, 1:49 pm, wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Julian wrote:
On 22/10/2011 00:04, Wilson wrote:
"Kitty *wrote:
*wrote in message
"Kitty *wrote:
*wrote in message
news:535746186340848863.277227phwilson ...
*wrote:
Wilson wrote:
*wrote:
[...]

That's a good metaphor of how they control the monkeys with food. We
need to do my experiment and give a bunch of bananas to a bunch of
monkeys.
Old October 23rd 11, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
Jym Dyer

=v= Honks suck. Ring your bell.
_Jym_
Old October 23rd 11, 08:41 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Oct 23, 12:40 pm, Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= Honks suck. Ring your bell.
_Jym_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYese-Hl8M