NYC cycling update

Old October 6th 17, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default NYC cycling update

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3545213

We need sensible regulation, dammit. Drunk driving ought to
be against the law. Anyone piloting a motor vehicle on a
public road should have to pass a skills competence test and
a written statute-based test and then carry a document with
their picture on it. More laws! Yep that oughta do it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 6th 17, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:52:59 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3545213

We need sensible regulation, dammit. Drunk driving ought to
be against the law. Anyone piloting a motor vehicle on a
public road should have to pass a skills competence test and
a written statute-based test and then carry a document with
their picture on it. More laws! Yep that oughta do it.

I hope that you realize that "sanctuary city" laws are designed to protect felons first and foremost. This is why I believe that any city or state that becomes a "illegal alien sanctuary" should both lose all Federal Funding but the people who vote this in should be charged as criminals and imprisoned.
Old October 6th 17, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/6/2017 9:16 AM, wrote:
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:52:59 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3545213

We need sensible regulation, dammit. Drunk driving ought to
be against the law. Anyone piloting a motor vehicle on a
public road should have to pass a skills competence test and
a written statute-based test and then carry a document with
their picture on it. More laws! Yep that oughta do it.

I hope that you realize that "sanctuary city" laws are designed to protect felons first and foremost. This is why I believe that any city or state that becomes a "illegal alien sanctuary" should both lose all Federal Funding but the people who vote this in should be charged as criminals and imprisoned.

If you think a sovereign nation ought to have borders,
you're a racist. I learned that from the NYT.

Old October 6th 17, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/6/2017 9:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3545213

We need sensible regulation, dammit. Drunk driving ought to be against
the law.ツ* Anyone piloting a motor vehicle on a public road should have
to pass a skills competence test and a written statute-based test and
then carry a document with their picture on it. More laws! Yep that
oughta do it.

Your sarcasm is noted. But what do you propose? No requirement for
driver's licenses, no limit on blood alcohol while driving?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 6th 17, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/6/2017 10:26 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/6/2017 9:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3545213

We need sensible regulation, dammit. Drunk driving ought
to be against the law.ツ Anyone piloting a motor vehicle
on a public road should have to pass a skills competence
test and a written statute-based test and then carry a
document with their picture on it. More laws! Yep that
oughta do it.

Your sarcasm is noted. But what do you propose? No
requirement for driver's licenses, no limit on blood alcohol
while driving?

Since those great ideas are hardly practiced, back at you.

Our local news regularly notes arrests for 6th, 8th, 12th
offense DUI. We don't have as many illegal aliens (no
registration, no license, no speak English) as they do in
SoCal but the trend is clear.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2490337.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-15-times.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...307-story.html

Old October 6th 17, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/6/2017 11:45 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/6/2017 10:26 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/6/2017 9:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3545213

We need sensible regulation, dammit. Drunk driving ought
to be against the law.テつ* Anyone piloting a motor vehicle
on a public road should have to pass a skills competence
test and a written statute-based test and then carry a
document with their picture on it. More laws! Yep that
oughta do it.

Your sarcasm is noted. But what do you propose? No
requirement for driver's licenses, no limit on blood alcohol
while driving?

Since those great ideas are hardly practiced, back at you.

Our local news regularly notes arrests for 6th, 8th, 12th offense DUI.
We don't have as many illegal aliens (no registration, no license, no
speak English) as they do in SoCal but the trend is clear.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2490337.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-15-times.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...307-story.html

The topic seems to have suddenly shifted from drunk drivers to illegal
aliens. Those topics may overlap, but they are not one and the same. The
guy in your article is Hispanic, but I didn't see that he was in the
U.S. illegally.

For the record: I'm not in favor of illegal immigration any more than
I'm in favor of drunk driving. But I haven't heard much here about
really practical ways of stopping either.

I'm not impressed by arguments that say things like "Here's a guy who
committed a crime despite a law, so laws do no good." If someone makes
such an argument, I think it's fair to ask them what _should_ be done.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 6th 17, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 9:50:55 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Yah, he was an illegal -- but he did apologize. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3494205

He apparently had no prior record and had been in the US for 18 years. He's a construction worker, and in an interview, he said that he worked directly for Donald Trump. In fact, it was Trump who served him the beer and margaritas and told him to mix it up with some liberals on bikes. The interview was on Felix Jones "Info Battles," the new radical left-wing, ANTIFA YouTube channel. He was supposedly drinking with Trump at Comet Ping Pong and sending nasty Tweets to Hillary.

US citizen white people never drive drunk. FACT! Anyone who is not me, go back to your not-me country!

-- Jay Beattie.

Old October 6th 17, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 11:05:40 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

In a March 2011 report titled "Criminal Alien Statistics, Information on Incarcerations, Arrests, and Costs", the Government Accountability Office (GAO) estimated, based on a random sample it had performed, that the criminal aliens it studied had an "average of 7 arrests, 65 percent were arrested at least once for an immigration offense, and about 50 percent were arrested at least once for a drug offense." This means that of the criminal aliens GAO studied, the average alien who had been arrested at least once was arrested seven times; simply put, criminal aliens generally commit other crimes.

Drunk driving is an offense that is particularly prone to repetition. According to MADD statistics, "an average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before first arrest" and "every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes" and "about one-third of all drivers arrested or convicted of drunk driving are repeat offenders." Any individual who is arrested for DUI or DWI has likely, therefore, driven drunk tens of times before, and has an extremely high chance of doing so again.

But this is all a joke and should be demonstrated with sarcasm - right?
Old October 6th 17, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 11:35:56 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Absolutely -- because the nut-job Chicken Littles are driving me crazy. This is the Deseret News, the mouthpiece of the Mormon Church (but nonetheless a pretty good newspaper): https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...migration.html

You and your zany tin-foil hat crowd go overboard with such vigor and regularity that even fair-minded people like me tune out.

I'm all for reasonable immigration policies and immigration enforcement. I'm just sick, sick, sick of all the alt-right BS -- which is not only unchristian, it ignores basic economic realities -- as well as other realities.

BTW, the right should scare you, too. Paul Ryan is talking about privatizing Medicare, which means you'll get some paltry stipend to buy a policy that costs five times as much. Your alt-right wish will become a nightmare.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 6th 17, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/6/2017 2:13 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

We don't disagree fundamentally.

My grandparents all endured a 40 day quarantine, had to
provide a destination address and person responsible for
them plus assurance they would not be a public charge. My
son in law, a licensed engineer, spent 8 years and a heap of
trouble to become naturalized, as did two friends (both
educated professionals). I have sponsored visas for
immigrants through my company and hired others.

That said, there seems to be no lower limit or much of any
limit now for the open borders policy, richly exploited by
various and sundry scum from IRGC to MS13 and so on.

Whatever policy may exist on paper, in practice it's a mess.

Oh, and unreasonably, unfairly, inefficiently and flippantly
random such that hotel maids get deported but dope dealers
and other criminals bring the whole village in.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Chicago Cycling Update AMuzi Techniques 5 April 28th 17 05:37 PM
British Cycling in Bradford - an Update vernon UK 0 September 29th 07 08:33 AM
Small cycling update Ekul Namsob UK 17 August 22nd 07 10:28 PM
"Today" cycling item update Mark McNeill UK 40 February 19th 05 02:07 PM
Cycling for weight loss. Update Daniel Crispin General 16 June 30th 04 06:40 PM