Question about Lumotec IQ Fly standlight function

Old May 22nd 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Question about Lumotec IQ Fly standlight function

Hello,

I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly:
is the light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that
I first rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight
function gets charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" -
is the lamp still will be shining (even though switched off), until
the standlight function is discharged?

Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function
(e.g. one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off
switch for rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it
is discharged?

Old May 22nd 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 22, 9:10 pm, Martin Borsje wrote:
laid this down on his screen :

Hello,

I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly:
is the light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that
I first rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight
function gets charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" -
is the lamp still will be shining (even though switched off), until
the standlight function is discharged?

Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function
(e.g. one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off
switch for rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it
is discharged?

Yes,

yes

That's a pity

Thanks anyway.
Old May 22nd 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 22, 10:05 pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
Why is it a pity?

Light attracts unwanted attention.
Old May 23rd 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 22, 2:56 pm, wrote:
[...]

Put a bloody sock over it when you park in dodgy spots.
Old May 23rd 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary Young

On Thu, 22 May 2008 12:01:23 -0700, piotr.krukowiecki.news wrote:

Hello,

I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly: is the
light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that I first
rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight function gets
charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" - is the lamp
still will be shining (even though switched off), until the standlight
function is discharged?

Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function (e.g.
one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off switch for
rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it is
discharged?

On the Busch & Muller 4DLite Plus taillight, you can discharge the
capacitor by using a key or other piece of metal to bridge two metal
contacts on the side of the light. But I've found that you have to do it
a couple of times or the light will still glow dimly (or maybe I need to
use a better conductor.)
Old May 24th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On May 22, 10:09*pm, wrote:
On May 22, 10:05 pm, Lou Holtman wrote:

Why is it a pity?

Light attracts unwanted attention.

Nah. I leave my Cateye TL-LD1100 daylight flasher on and flashing away
merrily any time I park my bike. I've stood inside the library's glass
window looking out and seen the likely thieves eyeing my bike and then
walking past to start fingering the bits on the next bike. A light
makes your bike look like you're coming back to it straighaway.

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/B...%20HUMOUR.html

B+M Lumotec IQ Matt[_5_] UK 20 December 4th 07 04:06 PM
lumotec oval - standlight broken Paul Rudin UK 34 February 27th 07 01:06 AM
SON dynamo - standlight not standing Zebee Johnstone Recumbent Biking 1 February 20th 07 09:10 AM
Lumotec standlight brightness issue David Nutter UK 10 October 14th 06 08:21 PM
Building a standlight lamp MSeries UK 6 September 23rd 05 02:50 PM