Getting a new (to me) frame...

Old August 22nd 05, 10:46 PM
Matt

Default Getting a new (to me) frame...

Ok, tomorrow my new (to me, its actually a few years old) frame is set
to arrive. Assuming the guerillas at UPS deliver it intact, I'm
planning on building it up next week. Now, this is only my 2nd 'really
nice' frame. My first, a 1989 Pinarello Treviso, came to me when I was
too young (20) and stupid to care for it properly. Who knew that you
needed to have the thing clear coated if you wanted people to know it
was a Pinarello?

This frame is an MX Leader. It is in fine shape. I'm going to have the
BB chased, and the head faced, if I can get it done. I'm on the fence
about frame saver, though. But is there anything else that I should do
before building? Should I have it clear-coated? I do plan on waxing it
before building--any suggestions on what works best?

I'd like this to be the last road frame that I ever _need_ to buy
(notice how I phrased that...) and so I'd like it to last. Any
thoughts/suggestions?

Matt.

PS: '03 Chorus, FWIW.

Frame fit: which is more important - Frame height vs. top tube length? S o r n i Techniques 18 July 9th 04 07:17 AM
Resistance Trainer: Am I wrecking my frame??? JayofMontreal Techniques 36 November 6th 03 09:31 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Dent in frame Neil Guthrie Mountain Biking 6 July 22nd 03 05:06 PM