Folding bike tech

Old February 26th 15, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Folding bike tech

A new folding bike coming to the market?
http://www.ridehelix.ca/

Despite Helix's claim, I'm sure a Brompton folds to a smaller package.
Bropton says 23" x 21.5" x 10.6", vs. Helix's 23" × 25" × 9". A Brompton
also folds more quickly, from what I can tell.

But the larger wheel size on the Helix would probably be nice for both
rolling resistance and ease of finding replacements.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 26th 15, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 12:19:40 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

A new folding bike coming to the market?
http://www.ridehelix.ca/

Titanium at $1500 list price. Available July 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOnLx1-7BQ
I like how it rolls, like rolling luggage, so that it doesn't need to
be lifted much to move anywhere. However, no place for panniers or
luggage. No reflectors or lighting. I'm not so sure about the
strength of the offset front half-fork.

More folding concept bicycles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IR7JNVPm7A

Despite Helix's claim, I'm sure a Brompton folds to a smaller package.
Bropton says 23" x 21.5" x 10.6", vs. Helix's 23" × 25" × 9". A Brompton
also folds more quickly, from what I can tell.

Some comments on the wheel/tire size in the FAQ:
http://www.ridehelix.ca/faq.asp
Narrow folded width is important if you're going to take it anywhere
there might be a crowd.

But the larger wheel size on the Helix would probably be nice for both
rolling resistance and ease of finding replacements.

24" wheels are quite common.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old February 26th 15, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

THE ONLY times I see folding bicycles

https://www.google.com/#q=SAILING+FOLDING+BICYCLES

not in the luggage car..not in motor coachase...

I may see 5 a year.

But the search sez...OUR BEST SELLING MODEL...the receptionist ?

Andrew may know if he has access to the INDUSTRY REPORT and if the INDUSTRY REPORT last seen a $200/yr gives figures.

bike tech Dan O Techniques 9 September 10th 12 04:00 AM
Dahon Folding Bike vs Friday Folding Bike [email protected] General 33 January 6th 09 07:53 PM
Folding Bike Fastest Folding Time Video SMS General 2 August 18th 07 10:22 AM
Folding Bike Fastest Folding Time Video SMS Techniques 2 August 18th 07 10:22 AM
Rip off of rec.bike.tech Phil, Squid-in-Training Mountain Biking 20 October 30th 05 03:47 PM