6700 crank

Old April 30th 19, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 6700 crank

On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 7:20:24 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 1:43:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 9:23:28 PM UTC+2, duane wrote:
On 26/04/2019 2:48 p.m., AMuzi wrote:
On 4/25/2019 9:36 PM, wrote:
I would like to upgrade my 6700 to 8000. Keeping the current 6700
cracks saves alot and it is a Wilier so cranks match bike. Will 11
speed work fine with the 6700 cranks and shift fine?
Deacon Mark

We haven't found a problem with 10 cranks in eleven gear systems,
Shimano or Campagnolo.

What would be the difference in cranks between 10 and 11 speed
cranksets? Distance between the rings?

Yes. Slightly poorer shifting with an 11 speed chain and 10 speed crankset. It has no paractical meaning though. After my last crash I converted my last 10 speed bike to 11 speed and as Mark wants to do kept my 10 speed crankset and FD (Campagnolo). No problem at all.

Lou

What is your opinion of the 11? What I see with the Campy stuff is that they have slightly better ratios and since they don't make 10's anymore, the parts are cheaper. All my stuff is 10 and maintenance is getting expensive..

I just go with the flow. When building/buying a new bike I buy what is default at that time. I have 4 road bikes. 3 of them where 11 speed and the oldest which is used for winter evening rides was still 10 speed. That was not a problem. Chains and cassettes are still readily available. Like I said I crashed last winter and my shifters were damaged/badly scratched. They still worked though but since I got it covered by the liability insurance of the woman who caused the crash I replaced them. You only can get lower end 10 speed shifters so I replaced them by 11 speed Record shifter. I only had to buy a 11 speed RD. Now I can change wheels between every road bike.

Lou