clip on Aero Bars for carbon drop bars

Old August 22nd 05, 09:30 PM
Jasper Janssen

Default clip on Aero Bars for carbon drop bars

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 05:00:47 GMT, "IMKen" wrote:

I would never want to put that kind of stress on the tiny screws that hold
my handlebars together. That system looks like a serious suicide attempt.

"tiny screws that holf my handlebar together"? You mean the stem clamp
bolts at each end? Those are not tiny screws by any means, unless you've
found a really stupid light stem.

Jasper
Old August 22nd 05, 09:31 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:30:43 -0700, "Dan" wrote:

Also, if you consider the vanities of a 13-year-old rider, the carbon bars
have great value. The kid is proud of and happy with his bike - this is part
of what keeps him riding. I think that racing bikes and doing triathlons is
a much better thing than what most kids his age are doing and I want to
encourage him.

Do you have any vanity items on your bike or is it the epitome of
practicality?

Vanity items in most places in your bike aren't lethal. Breaking
handlebars are.

Jasper
Old August 22nd 05, 09:40 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:08:38 -0700, "Dan" wrote:

When my head falls to the ground, I like to look at it as an energy problem.
At the moment of impact, my head needs to get rid of a certain amount of
energy. If my helmet can use up some of this energy it pleases me. Whatever
energy my helmet can't use up, I have to scrub off on the pavement.

Whereas I prefer not to have my head hit the ground in the first place.
Never done it, either.

Jasper