Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

Old June 11th 10, 02:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
JimmyMac

Default Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

On Jun 10, 1:03*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jun 10, 12:17 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Once again you failed to answer a question asked for a second (now

third time), so I will put it right at the TOP.

What gives Mike Vandeman the right to to assume the role of law

enforcement and take the law into his own hands?

He was most likely defending himself from the criminal mountain bikers.
Diversion duly noted. *That is ducking, not answering the question.

Mike was hiking with a saw in anticipation of self-defnese? *HIGHLY
UNLIKELY!!!

I think he was carrying a saw to cut any tires on unattended bicycles he
came across. Or it may have just been a defensive weapon. Mr. Vandeman knows
that most mountain bikers who ride their bikes on trails where it is
prohibited are criminals and thugs. The rationale for a saw would be
removing limbs from the trail.

So, then are you suggesting that cutting of trees on this trail is
permissible (read not against the law) or are you suggesting that
cutting of trees on this trail is justifiable even though it violates
the law? Pick ONE!. If the latter, then you are suggesting that two
wrong make a right. No matter what kind of a spin you attempt to put
on this, regarcless of intention, Mike Vandeman had no business in a
wooded area with a saw and whatever you offer in his defense does not
alter that reality or change that fact in any way.

He's your buddy. Why don't you ask him for an explanation or doesn't
have means of contact with the outside form his new residence?

Allow me to suggest that it is time past due rdue for the recluse to
stop defending the reckless.

*If you must SNIP that which you care not to respond to, at least

extend the courtesy to indicate that you have SNIPPED another's text.
I specifically refer to...

I indicate a snip like this:
[...]
Proper neitquette calls indicating a snip like this SNIP or [SNIP],

so spell it out. *Don't leave the readership guessing when you are
unable or unwilling respond.

What is your citation for the above preferred method?

Google it Ed, and you will find out for yourself.

I am following how Tom Sherman does it. He always does everything quite
correct. That is good enough for me.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 11th 10, 02:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Paul O

Moi-aussi wrote, On 6/10/2010 11:11 PM:
Snip
They do - usually without permission and just using their tires.

Therein lies the main problem.

Mountain bikers need their own trails. Hikers and bikers cannot
coexist because we use trails differently.

What is needed is more severe punishment. Mountain bikers caught
riding their bikes on hiking trails should be executed on the spot. I
suggest hanging them by the neck until dead from the nearest tree. I
think that would send the right message to the ****ing "MTB community".

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I'm beginning to like you! Shock and awe!!!

Shock? Maybe.

Awe? I don't think so.

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old June 11th 10, 10:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bill Weir" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 9:19 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
What is needed is more severe punishment. Mountain bikers caught riding
their bikes on hiking trails should be executed on the spot. I suggest
hanging them by the neck until dead from the nearest tree. I think that
would send the right message to the ****ing "MTB community".

You're already sending a message to the "MTB community" and it's that

you're an irrational, sociopathic loon.

Hanging is too good for the miscreants. I would like to give them a good
bull whipping prior to hanging them. The fact is, they need to suffer more.
Yea, there is no admittance to Heaven without some Purgatory!

No one takes you seriously, just like Mike.

Mr. Vandeman is a world expert on the impact of mountain biking on trails
and wildlife. I am a world expert on assholes like you.

Old June 11th 10, 11:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

It is called trail maintenance and is often undertaken by volunteers. It is
what keeps most trails passable since officialdom hardly ever does anything
in a timely or correct fashion.

He's your buddy. Why don't you ask him for an explanation or doesn't

have means of contact with the outside form his new residence?

Mr. Vandeman is the initiator of all correspondence. We hermits never bother
anyone. It is why we are universally regarded as saints!

Allow me to suggest that it is time past due rdue for the recluse to

stop defending the reckless.

I don't like gang mentality. It is almost always criminal in nature.
[...]

Old June 12th 10, 04:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Jun 11, 3:00*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

We hermits never bother anyone.

Looks to me like you bother everyone!

It is why we are universally regarded as saints!

YOU are universally regarded as a 'tard.
Old June 12th 10, 05:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
On Jun 11, 3:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

We hermits never bother anyone.

Looks to me like you bother everyone!

It is why we are universally regarded as saints!

YOU are universally regarded as a 'tard.

Envy is the most disagreeable of all the vices because it gives no pleasure.
I suggest you resign yourself to My Greatness. Yea, you will be happier that
way. As Dirty Harry put it, a man has got to know his limitations!

Old June 12th 10, 05:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Jun 11, 9:26*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

On Jun 11, 3:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

We hermits never bother anyone.
Looks to me like you bother everyone!

It is why we are universally regarded as saints!
YOU are universally regarded as a 'tard.

Envy is the most disagreeable of all the vices because it gives no pleasure.
I suggest you resign yourself to My Greatness. Yea, you will be happier that
way. As Dirty Harry put it, a man has got to know his limitations!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Envy - right snicker
Old June 13th 10, 06:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
JimmyMac

On Jun 11, 5:00*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

I understand now. Mike merely mistook a human for a tree??? Both
your reasoning and your response are called something too ...
bull****. Trails are maintained by professionals or professionally
supervised volunteers. Psychopathic Lone wolf's are not tuned loose
on to perform trails on their own, unsupervised.

He's your buddy. *Why don't you ask him for an explanation or doesn't

have means of contact with the outside form his new residence?

Mr. Vandeman is the initiator of all correspondence. We hermits never bother
anyone. It is why we are universally regarded as saints!

Why is it that the initiator of all correspondence, Mike Vandeman, has
gone mute? His silence is deafening and telling. DOnt confuse being
a hermit with sainthood. It is not saintly like to defend a
psychopath. Have you two "love birds set a date yet?

Allow me to suggest that it is time past due for the recluse to

stop defending the reckless.

I don't like gang mentality. It is almost always criminal in nature.

It has been duly noted by all the you prefer the Mike Vandeman one man
gang mentality.

[...]

Old June 14th 10, 12:31 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jun 11, 5:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
It is called trail maintenance and is often undertaken by volunteers. It
is
what keeps most trails passable since officialdom hardly ever does
anything
in a timely or correct fashion.

I understand now. Mike merely mistook a human for a tree??? Both

your reasoning and your response are called something too ...
bull****. Trails are maintained by professionals or professionally
supervised volunteers. Psychopathic Lone wolf's are not tuned loose
on to perform trails on their own, unsupervised.

Nope, locals often undertake trail maintenance on their own.

He's your buddy. Why don't you ask him for an explanation or doesn't

have means of contact with the outside form his new residence?

Mr. Vandeman is the initiator of all correspondence. We hermits never
bother
anyone. It is why we are universally regarded as saints!

Why is it that the initiator of all correspondence, Mike Vandeman, has

gone mute? His silence is deafening and telling. DOnt confuse being
a hermit with sainthood. It is not saintly like to defend a
psychopath. Have you two "love birds set a date yet?

We should be past that last sentence by now. Try to grow up if that is
possible.

Mr. Vandeman is busy at the moment with other things.

Allow me to suggest that it is time past due for the recluse to

stop defending the reckless.

I don't like gang mentality. It is almost always criminal in nature.

It has been duly noted by all the you prefer the Mike Vandeman one man

gang mentality.

None of us know what transpired on that trail. All we know are the charges.
I know Mr. Vandeman to be an honorable man and I know mountain bikers to be
criminal thugs. But hey, you side with whomever you want and I will do the
same.

Old June 14th 10, 06:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
JimmyMac

On Jun 13, 6:31*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jun 11, 5:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

It is called trail maintenance and is often undertaken by volunteers. It
is
what keeps most trails passable since officialdom hardly ever does
anything
in a timely or correct fashion.
I understand now. *Mike merely mistook a human for a tree??? *Both

your reasoning and your response are called something too ...
bull****. *Trails are maintained by professionals or professionally
supervised volunteers. *Psychopathic Lone wolf's are not tuned loose
on to perform trails on their own, unsupervised.

Nope, locals often undertake trail maintenance on their own.

There are laws against that here and I presume elsewhere as well, so
Mike is a lawbreaker either way and should have been fined and locked
up.

He's your buddy. Why don't you ask him for an explanation or doesn't

have means of contact with the outside form his new residence?

Mr. Vandeman is the initiator of all correspondence. We hermits never
bother
anyone. It is why we are universally regarded as saints!
Why is it that the initiator of all correspondence, Mike Vandeman, has

gone mute? *His silence is deafening and telling. *Don't confuse being
a hermit with sainthood. *It is not saintly like to defend a
psychopath. *Have you two "love birds" set a date yet?

We should be past that last sentence by now. Try to grow up if that is
possible.

Ignoring the previous sentences, duly noted.

Mr. Vandeman is busy at the moment with other things.

Since you assert that Vandeman is busy, please enlighten us. What is
Mike so busy doing ... sharpening his saw maybe?

Allow me to suggest that it is time past due for the recluse to

stop defending the reckless.

I don't like gang mentality. It is almost always criminal in nature.
It has been duly noted by all the you prefer the Mike Vandeman one man

gang mentality.

None of us know what transpired on that trail. All we know are the charges.
I know Mr. Vandeman to be an honorable man and I know mountain bikers to be
criminal thugs. But hey, you side with whomever you want and I will do the
same.

No, we don;t know what transpired and Mike's silence has done nothing
to clarify matters. You'd think Mike would be willing, indeed
anxious, to tell his side of the story in an attempt to clear his
name, but instead is willing to allow you to be his mouthpiece. You
don't find that the least bit peculiar? I am merely raising questions
here. I will side with the judge or jury. Can state the same? It is
shortsighted to lump all mountain bikers into a single inclusive
category.