Cheap SS candidate.. be quick (ends in 32mins)

Old August 2nd 04, 06:54 AM
hippy

Default Cheap SS candidate.. be quick (ends in 32mins)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....08041 12&rd=1

hippy

Old August 2nd 04, 07:05 AM
Graeme

"hippy" wrote in
:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=7298&item=369
0804112&rd=1

hippy

Pah! $10! Do you guys not have council pick-ups over east? They have them
here in Perth where once a year people can stick their bulky rubbish on the
roadside and have it picked up. That's a wonderful source of *free* donor
bikes for whatever project you have in mind. It does seem to be mainly
bkies/furniture/really old PCs that you see down most streets.

Graeme
Old August 2nd 04, 07:41 AM
flyingdutch

Graeme Wrote:
"hippy" wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/6zehp
0804112&rd=1

hippy

Pah! $10! Do you guys not have council pick-ups over east? They have
them
here in Perth where once a year people can stick their bulky rubbish on
the
roadside and have it picked up. That's a wonderful source of *free*
donor
bikes for whatever project you have in mind. It does seem to be mainly
bkies/furniture/really old PCs that you see down most streets.

Graeme

totally agree! picked my SS frame and bits up in the hard rubbish
collection and IN NORTH BALWYN!!!

now, if someone would just leave an ol track frame out for me...

--
flyingdutch

Old August 2nd 04, 02:21 PM
hippy

Graeme
Pah! $10! Do you guys not have council pick-ups over east?

Yeah.. but early mornings I'm out riding :P

Actually, the only time I saw anything cool in hard rubbish here was
an exercise bike. I drove past it on the way home, decided I would
mins, it was nabbed by some other cheeky bugger!! :P No fair!!

I figured $10 was pretty close to $0 if someone was desperate..

hippy

--
hippy

Old August 2nd 04, 03:04 PM
Graeme

hippy wrote in
:

Yeah.. but early mornings I'm out riding :P

Is that "early mornings" as in "cover of darkness" as you don't want the
shame of being spotted, or do they only allow you to put stuff out the
night before where you are?

I've got no shame whatsoever and have wandered up to have a quick check as
people have been putting their stuff out (as you've seen yourself, you have
to be quick). The council here have cottoned on to the fact that if you let
people put their junk out days (or even a week) before pickup then half the
stuff has been lifted before they even get there.

I think I'm becoming too fussy though, last week I went across the road to
check out a bike. It had decent tyres, so I wheeled it back to my garage,
removed the tyres and wheeled it back to its original rubbish pile

Graeme
Old August 2nd 04, 11:38 PM
hippy

Graeme

Is that "early mornings" as in "cover of darkness" as you don't want

the
shame of being spotted, or do they only allow you to put stuff out

the
night before where you are?

Shame? What shame?
I have no qualms picking up something I want from a junk pile. The
problem
seems to be that my area has nothing but dead fridges, paint tins and
300
year-old cupboards..

I think I'm becoming too fussy though, last week I went across the

road
to check out a bike. It had decent tyres, so I wheeled it back to my
garage, removed the tyres and wheeled it back to its original rubbish

pile

I would've kept the bike.. just to add another one to my total in the
vain
hope of hitting double figures!!

Speaking of which.. my LBSG gave me a nice, used, bmx for helping with
his
computers. Nice work if you can get it! That's about 7 bikes now I
think..

hippy

--
hippy

Old August 3rd 04, 02:03 AM
Suzy Jackson

hippy wrote in message ...

Actually, the only time I saw anything cool in hard rubbish here was
an exercise bike. I drove past it on the way home, decided I would
mins, it was nabbed by some other cheeky bugger!! :P No fair!!

I scored a pretty niced fixed gear from the rubbish heap last year.
1947 Malvern Star five star, beautifully fillet brazed, and with paint
to die for.

Worth a tad more than $10, too, I'd reckon.

Regards,

Suzy