Hit by a car again

Old June 12th 05, 02:57 AM
dave

Default Hit by a car again

BrettM wrote:
dave wrote in news:42aa92e3_2
@news.melbourne.pipenetworks.com:

Sara Kirk wrote:

In article , dave
wrote:

If verbal, the production of witnesses (by either side) can sway

the

argument. And quite a few phone answering machines can also record
phone conversations while they are happening too.

That is soooo illegal and thats been tested in court. The taping
without permission.

It depends where you are. Unless it changed recently, here only one
party has to be aware that the conversation is being recorded.
Thinking about it, whenever you call a bank etc. these days they do
tell you that you may be recorded... so it could have changed.

What a waste of a post. Sorry.

Hang on... one party.. Oh you mean when intercepted by the cops.. or

the

NSA. My understanding is that the cops need to satisfy a judge and
have a warrant anwhere in oz?

Did. Now if the person is suspected of terrorist activity they can tap
without a warrant.

Which brings the interesting case of

"Your Honor; we believed that the suspect was involved with XYZ group
and was facilitating their activities in Australia due to the high
number of "visitors" to his property."

"Based on our suspisions we tapped his phone and while we did not find
any evidence of links to XYZ the conversations indicated that the
suspect was involved in the following illegal activities and on the
basis of the these conversations we respectfully request that you
determine there is probable cause for us to continue in tapping his
phone or in obtaining this warrant etc etc."

Neatly gets around the probable cause issues that normally come up when
you want a warrant or a tap (which is a bench warrant).

Cheers

Brett"paranoid"M

sleeping with the judge would be easier
Old June 12th 05, 03:55 AM
Harry Tuttle

"TimC" wrote in message

Worst part is my knee has to go on ice, and I probably won't be able
to ride on MBTC's long weeked tour to Beechworth tomorrow morning.
I've already paid, dammit!

Then list it as one of your damages.

She hit you with a car, it isn't meant to leave YOU out of pocket.