Hit by a car again

Old June 10th 05, 06:38 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default Hit by a car again

dave wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
dave wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

TimC wrote:

On 2005-06-10, dave (aka Bruce)

TimC wrote:

Worst part is my knee has to go on ice, and I probably won't be able
to ride on MBTC's long weeked tour to Beechworth tomorrow morning.
I've already paid, dammit!

Put it in the bill. Seriously. And anything else the bingle cost
you. What sort of car was it

Big black 4WD.

Was it a Prado? I bet you it was a f'ing prado...

Tam

I bet it was a Pajero

But aint they all interchangable?

Once, a 4WD-er saved my life, by giving me room to get around a bus that
had just cut me off, and they had to jump a traffic island to do that.
These little incidents make me more tolerant, and I manage to keep
telling myself each time I see a bad 4WD-er that "it's a one-off,
they're not all bad!"

Tam

No whats happened there.. is that some motorcylist or cyclist has
borrowed his mums 4wd to go get parts or a new computer and while in it..

I knew there was a logical explanation for it.

They are all that bad.. at least here in Hawthorn.
The Bingle this morning had me laughing so I nearly fell over.

See these people have no understanding of the injuries they could cause
to innocent bystanders who laugh until they cry!

Tam
Old June 10th 05, 06:38 AM
flyingdutch

MikeyOz Wrote:

2. I hope you were joking about the TAC claim comment ???????

NO, deadly serious. once you have a TAC number its like open-sesame t
anything you want. Physio, Xrays, Ambulance, met-tickets, taxi fares
surgery, receptionist at physio, herbal tea. did i mention th
receptionist..

--
flyingdutch

Old June 10th 05, 06:43 AM
dave

Tamyka Bell wrote:
dave wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

dave wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

On 2005-06-10, dave (aka Bruce)

TimC wrote:

[...]

Yeah I just emailed the council. Thier driver is probably totally in
the wrong legally.. he backed over an intersection. (I have an idea
there is in fact some exception for the drivers of streetsweepers and
the like but I could be wrong)

I just thought someone might like to know that Ms 4wd at least morally
was somewhat at fault

Not to mention the flats the broken glass gives pushbikes. Why the hell
dont the towies have to clean up broken glass any more?

Dave
Old June 10th 05, 06:49 AM
Tamyka Bell

flyingdutch wrote:

MikeyOz Wrote:

2. I hope you were joking about the TAC claim comment ???????

NO, deadly serious. once you have a TAC number its like open-sesame to
anything you want. Physio, Xrays, Ambulance, met-tickets, taxi fares,
surgery, receptionist at physio, herbal tea. did i mention the
receptionist...

--
flyingdutch

That is very, very dodgy.

Tam *no longer a receptionist*

Ew, I used to work for engineers. "Civil" ones, at that.
Old June 10th 05, 06:51 AM
Tamyka Bell

dave wrote:

Not to mention the flats the broken glass gives pushbikes. Why the hell
dont the towies have to clean up broken glass any more?

Dave

It ****s me that people don't have to clean up broken glass. That should
be a law. Also if you're found at fault for an accident on the freeway,
you are no longer allowed to drive on the freeway.

Hehehe our base commander gave an order for all defence members to pick
up any litter they pass on barracks. Which means that if you pass some
litter and don't pick it up, even if it's because you genuinely didn't
see it, you get charged. It's kinda cool, in a very wrong way.

Tam
Old June 10th 05, 06:53 AM
alison_b

TimC Wrote:

Worst part is my knee has to go on ice, and I probably won't be abl
to ride on MBTC's long weeked tour to Beechworth tomorrow morning
I've already paid, dammit

oh *bugga*

Get yourself to a pharmacist that sells Blackmores or similar, and gra
a jar of Arnica cream for your knee. It will help a lot with th
bruising - both helping with the bleed, and also helping bring out th
bruising that is already there (I don't really know how else t
describe that... the time between the bruising inside appearing on th
surface?)

That and ice, etc as already suggested... Arnica... lots of Arnica! :

I remember my first tumble off my OCR3... I wish I had such a goo
story... well, any story really other than I stopped and fell over!

I hope things are looking much brighter soon
al

--
alison_b

Old June 10th 05, 06:56 AM
dave

Tamyka Bell wrote:
dave wrote:

Not to mention the flats the broken glass gives pushbikes. Why the hell
dont the towies have to clean up broken glass any more?

Dave

It ****s me that people don't have to clean up broken glass. That should
be a law.

I think it is.. just an ignored one

Also if you're found at fault for an accident on the freeway,
you are no longer allowed to drive on the freeway.

Hmm not sure about that one. Will think about it.

Hehehe our base commander gave an order for all defence members to pick
up any litter they pass on barracks. Which means that if you pass some
litter and don't pick it up, even if it's because you genuinely didn't
see it, you get charged. It's kinda cool, in a very wrong way.

YEah I can see that. So long as the MPs dont set up stealth litter
traps.

Tam

Old June 10th 05, 06:57 AM
Stuart Lamble

On 2005-06-10, dave (aka Bruce)

TimC wrote:

Worst part is my knee has to go on ice, and I probably won't be able
to ride on MBTC's long weeked tour to Beechworth tomorrow morning.
I've already paid, dammit!

Put it in the bill. Seriously. And anything else the bingle cost
you. What sort of car was it

Big black 4WD.

Did it have a caved in side?

And if not, did it after the event?

(I know, I know; it had to be said though.)

Old June 10th 05, 07:02 AM
Tamyka Bell

alison_b wrote:

TimC Wrote:

Worst part is my knee has to go on ice, and I probably won't be able
to ride on MBTC's long weeked tour to Beechworth tomorrow morning.
I've already paid, dammit!

oh *bugga*

Get yourself to a pharmacist that sells Blackmores or similar, and grab
a jar of Arnica cream for your knee. It will help a lot with the
bruising - both helping with the bleed, and also helping bring out the
bruising that is already there (I don't really know how else to
describe that... the time between the bruising inside appearing on the
surface?).

That and ice, etc as already suggested... Arnica... lots of Arnica!

I remember my first tumble off my OCR3... I wish I had such a good
story... well, any story really other than I stopped and fell over!

I hope things are looking much brighter soon,
ali

--
alison_b

Finally, someone else on a.b can back me up about arnica!

Tam *all the circus girls use it...*
Old June 10th 05, 07:11 AM
Tamyka Bell

dave wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Hehehe our base commander gave an order for all defence members to pick
up any litter they pass on barracks. Which means that if you pass some
litter and don't pick it up, even if it's because you genuinely didn't
see it, you get charged. It's kinda cool, in a very wrong way.

YEah I can see that. So long as the MPs dont set up stealth litter
traps.

They have better things to do. Like set up stealth speed traps, and
stealth breathalyser traps.

Tam