What to do when u get tired of the same old stuff?

Old May 21st 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default What to do when u get tired of the same old stuff?

i live in Wa Australia, and apart from a few easy to get to tracks, and
learning some tricks on my MUni, Qu-ax 24", there isn't too much to do,
anyone know of anything else super fun to do on a uni that is easy and
simple,(i don't mind learning tricks,but takes patience, and im not too
worried about that anyway) and doesnt hurt too much?
cheers,

--
silverfridge

GOD SPEED!
silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

Old May 21st 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

just do harder crazier stuff

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old May 21st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If you like trials, try an entire trials line without setup hops, or
prehops, it makes for a very challanging line.

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper

"My nuts are allways loose, i have to twist them with my fingers"
-Spencer
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old May 21st 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hear hear thats what i do

--
dan de man

Reminds me of Andrew Carter's blue nipples...

forrestunifreak

i have never broken a nipple before

unisteez

Would getting my nipples greasy be better when I twist them tight? or
should I leave them like they are?

Jerrick
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old May 21st 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah...Pretty much what evean said. hwne you can do a technical line
with one hop per obstacle and no dabs come back and tell us yuove got
nothing to do.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 21st 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Get some much much shorter cranks then ride all the same tracks again.
Or use the extra speed to ride further.

Put a thinner tyre on and ride all the same tracks again.

Explore the side tracks and unofficial tracks that run off the
easy-to-get-to tracks.

Take the uni somewhere further from home - use a bus or get a lift.

Time yourself on a circuit, then try to beat your record.

Ride your regular routes in the opposite direction.

Make some obstacles with wood, pallets and slabs.

Or get a job that gets you out of the house at 6:30 each morning and
gets you home mentally and physically exhausted in the evening, cook
your own tea, do your own hosuekeeping, and then discover how much you
appreciate every rare chance you get to ride.

--
Mikefule

Is it the gods who put this ardour into our minds, or does every man's
irresistible desire become his god?
(Virgil)

Old May 22nd 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

silverfridge wrote:
What to do when u get tired of the same old stuff?

I come here and talk about stuff we've already talked about over and
over (the same old stuff).

--
uni57

-\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain

'8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
Be there! - Saturday, June 3, 2006
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

Old May 22nd 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

On a rainy day, get the Standard Skills List from the IUF Rulebook and
see how many of the figures in there you can actually do. Then compare
that to the total, and figure the percentage. Plenty to work on there,
and that's not even a complete list of uni tricks.

For trails, best advice is to talk to more bikers to find out about
other trails. Good trails are worth a long drive. I don't actually live
within riding distance of any proper, legal trails and I have to drive
at least half an hour to get to anything.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old May 22nd 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

do something stupid that could get you put in the hospital and video
tape it

--
primus
primus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11833

Old May 23rd 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

primus wrote:
do something stupid that could get you put in the hospital and video
tape it

haha

--
treepotato

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942