Hey Ryan. Cool Cross Videos.

Old September 5th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default Hey Ryan. Cool Cross Videos.

So here we are about six weeks out from the first race of the season and I'm
looking for a little inspiration. Nothing like a video of people really ****ing
hurting in a race to make me wanna train better. So I'm googling and youtubing
around and found yours. Pretty cool.

Was that single track section of the Vanier Park course as jungle as it looked
on vid? That's wild.

Thanks for putting 'em up.

Ron
Old September 5th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

RonSonic wrote:
So here we are about six weeks out from the first race of the season and I'm
looking for a little inspiration. Nothing like a video of people really ****ing
hurting in a race to make me wanna train better. So I'm googling and youtubing
around and found yours. Pretty cool.

Was that single track section of the Vanier Park course as jungle as it looked
on vid? That's wild.

Thanks for putting 'em up.

Ron

For god's sake, it's still ****ing Labor Day.
Stay away till Autumn......PLEEAASE!

Old September 5th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

So here we are about six weeks out from the first race of the season and I'm
looking for a little inspiration. Nothing like a video of people really
****ing hurting in a race to make me wanna train better. So I'm googling and
youtubing around and found yours. Pretty cool.

Link, bitte???

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 5th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:45:03 -0700, Howard Kveck
wrote:

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

So here we are about six weeks out from the first race of the season and I'm
looking for a little inspiration. Nothing like a video of people really
****ing hurting in a race to make me wanna train better. So I'm googling and
youtubing around and found yours. Pretty cool.

Link, bitte???

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search

Ron
Old September 5th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:45:03 -0700, Howard Kveck
wrote:

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

So here we are about six weeks out from the first race of the season and
I'm
looking for a little inspiration. Nothing like a video of people really
****ing hurting in a race to make me wanna train better. So I'm googling
and
youtubing around and found yours. Pretty cool.

Link, bitte???

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search

Ron

Thanks, Ron.

Old September 5th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

RonSonic wrote:
So here we are about six weeks out from the first race of the season and I'm
looking for a little inspiration. Nothing like a video of people really ****ing
hurting in a race to make me wanna train better. So I'm googling and youtubing
around and found yours. Pretty cool.

Was that single track section of the Vanier Park course as jungle as it looked
on vid? That's wild.

Thanks for putting 'em up.

If you need some video inspiration (or want to show some
other riders what it's all about) check out the "Pure Sweet Hell"
DVD, website: http://www.cyclocrossfilm.com .
The trailer's been Youtubed at http://youtube.com/watch?v=eANZAe4fVbc

Ben
disclosu the director is a friend

Old September 6th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:45:03 -0700, Howard Kveck

wrote:

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

So here we are about six weeks out from the first race of the season and
I'm
looking for a little inspiration. Nothing like a video of people really
****ing hurting in a race to make me wanna train better. So I'm googling
and
youtubing around and found yours. Pretty cool.

Link, bitte???

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search

Ron

Thanks, Ron.

Aw shucks. T'ain't nothing! I'm glad you liked it.

The "jungle" sections of the Vanier circuit may be a bit deceptive.
There was definitely a section of slightly mucky course that was really
more singletrack than classic cross. That happens a lot out here. But
most of the course (by distance) was fast grass-and-gravel sections. I
didn't shoot a lot of that, because it's boring. Maybe next time I'll
show a bit more.

BTW, I've been shooting some more bike-related video in the meantime. In
the spirit of Dave Zabriskie, On Bike Interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a162RRtoKs
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82287143&hl=en

'Cross racing starts here on Sunday. I'm building up a new bike (the
mud-pack at the end of the Vanier video is my "cross" bike from last
year, aka my race bike with 28 mm inverted-tread tires). The new bike
will be a slightly more suitable road bike, plus a 'cross fork.

BTW, I'm in the market for a new video camera, preferably something
cheap. If you have any leads on a good solid-state or DV-cam, let me
know.

small good videos thinuniking Unicycling 9 June 3rd 04 09:06 AM
Trials Pics and Videos joe Unicycling 6 August 6th 03 11:29 PM
FS: Lots Of Cool High End Stuff CBILLS Marketplace 1 July 26th 03 10:48 PM