LOWES Dupont lubricants ?

Old March 2nd 12, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default LOWES Dupont lubricants ?

LOWES' HAS A BOX OF Dupont flasks yewno like uh uh what's their name
uh Finish Line ? Has Finish Line been flogged ? Is Dupont Finish
Line's lube source ? If we use my Valvo tech reserach pyramid
rationale, then Dupont scores and lookee there ona boat no less...

anyoine dabble in this lube ?

http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubr...ubricants.html
Old March 2nd 12, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Mar 1, 6:43*pm, kolldata wrote:
LOWES' HAS A BOX OF Dupont flasks yewno like uh uh what's their name
uh Finish Line ? Has Finish Line been flogged ? Is Dupont Finish
Line's lube source ? If we use my Valvo tech reserach pyramid
rationale, then Dupont scores and lookee there ona boat no less...

anyoine dabble in this lube ?

http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubr...cts/lubricants....

ahhhh they sure can write ! 5 times more BS.
Old March 2nd 12, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Mar 1, 5:43*pm, kolldata wrote:
LOWES' HAS A BOX OF Dupont flasks yewno like uh uh what's their name
uh Finish Line ? Has Finish Line been flogged ? Is Dupont Finish
Line's lube source ? If we use my Valvo tech reserach pyramid
rationale, then Dupont scores and lookee there ona boat no less...

anyoine dabble in this lube ?

http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubr...cts/lubricants....

It's relatively inexpensive but has a fairly heavy-bodied wax carrier
that can build up on cogs pretty fast if you are a "spray and go" guy
like me. It also does not penetrate like a lighter oil. It is O.K.,
though. Nothing magical. It washes off in heavy rain like everything
else. -- Jay Beattie.
Old March 2nd 12, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

JAY, which product ? buy from LOWES ? doesn't 'free up' like Finish
Line-a very capable penetrant +lasting lube for cables/housings....a
few drops at the open ends, slidy...magic !

Old March 2nd 12, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Mar 1, 6:07*pm, kolldata wrote:
JAY, *which product ? buy from LOWES ? *doesn't 'free up' like Finish
Line-a very capable penetrant +lasting lube for cables/housings....a
few drops at the open ends, slidy...magic !

This stuff: http://www.lowes.com/pd_213197-39963...ductId=1059839

The dry wax and teflon. The reviews are glowing.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old March 2nd 12, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DougC

On 3/1/2012 10:19 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Mar 1, 6:07 pm, wrote:
JAY, which product ? buy from LOWES ? doesn't 'free up' like Finish
Line-a very capable penetrant +lasting lube for cables/housings....a
few drops at the open ends, slidy...magic !

This stuff: http://www.lowes.com/pd_213197-39963...ductId=1059839

The dry wax and teflon. The reviews are glowing.

-- Jay Beattie.

Elsewhere I have seen it noted that the blue can (Multi-Purpose Dry
Film) and the yellow can (Chain Saver) are in fact the very same thing,
just in different cans. The Blue can is the consumer-grade one and the
yellow can is sold to industrial trades in bulk.

Both the blue and the yellow are dry. There is one that says wet (the
red can I guess) but wet lube on a bicycle chain is rather silly IMO.

Also We Note: various web forums have found through testing that the
DuPont stuff in the blue/yellow cans has been found to be basically
identical to a lot of other higher-end motorcycle chain lubes that sell
for a lot more money (though somebody in NZ said the blue cans do cost
~$33 US down there, so the DuPont stuff may not be exactly cheap
everywhere).
Old March 2nd 12, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Mar 1, 6:07 pm, wrote:
JAY, which product ? buy from LOWES ? doesn't 'free up' like Finish
Line-a very capable penetrant +lasting lube for cables/housings....a
few drops at the open ends, slidy...magic !

This stuff:http://www.lowes.com/pd_213197-39963...ductId=1059839

The dry wax and teflon. The reviews are glowing.

-- Jay Beattie.

Elsewhere I have seen it noted that the blue can (Multi-Purpose Dry
Film) and the yellow can (Chain Saver) are in fact the very same thing,
just in different cans. The Blue can is the consumer-grade one and the
yellow can is sold to industrial trades in bulk.

Both the blue and the yellow are dry. There is one that says wet (the
red can I guess) but wet lube on a bicycle chain is rather silly IMO.

Wet lube is messier, but can flow to keep re-coating the interfaces,
doesn't it? (I offer this question with an open mind and without
experience of waxed chains.)

Old March 2nd 12, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

very early in my revived cycle use age, tried White Lightning on an SR
CR....disaster...mushroomed teeth on a 6 mile ride. LBS mechanics
said, 15 yers ago, dry was for dirt and not street use-in bicycles not
motocycles. Like MTB CR teeth are shaped cutting thru dirt, chipping
out dry covered lube, leaving 99%. Have Pedro's 2.0, vastly better
than WL, use it on hinges, steel coatings as lighter than linseed eg
wheel hub lugs and nuts.
There's a consumer movement in industrial supply....during eco
downturns consumer buying eg toothpaste, TP, and deo remain fairly
stable while industrial demand for the fluids they have stored in
TANKS tanks....so a repackageing eg Loctite into Walmart saleable
forms....keeps revenue up, molding resins outward bound.
Dupont's flasks, I thought on resisting the temptation for impulse
buying, repped the consumer trend without breaking new ground past
Finish Line.
Haven't tried Boing's Boing Sheild. Maybe too light for bicycle lube
while as write here, Dupont maybe to heavy. FL's charm is penetration
and then lube. reduces struggle ie friction. If the stuff doesn't go
in loosen the garbage but lies on top well that's nto doing it.

Old March 2nd 12, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

refining preceeding babble...with penetrant aboard, coexisitng with
lube...a miracle no ?
continuous pre ride maintenance is effective without dissassembly,
cleaning, reass....unnuck !
a penetrant/lube combo prolongs mechanism life and riding enjoyment.
Yawl too young remeber DUPONT NO 7 ? was 7 ? I forgit. a miracle wac/
cleanser on flanks of Dad's '
53 Buick

rumor: new google groups will track all your movements and thoughts
into a computer base located inside a ountain outside Scranton
Pennsylvainia.
Old March 2nd 12, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DougC

On 3/2/2012 9:10 AM, Dan O wrote:

Wet lube is messier, but can flow to keep re-coating the interfaces,
doesn't it? (I offer this question with an open mind and without
experience of waxed chains.)

Most people* will tell you that any benefits of a wet lube on an exposed
bicycle drive chain are far outweighed by the disadvantage of the
tremendous affinity to attract (and hold) road dirt.

*-even DuPont, apparently?

SOAP BASED LUBRICANTS WARNING kolldata Techniques 10 February 12th 12 09:34 PM
Removing Lowes/Dupont Teflon dry lube [email protected] Techniques 5 March 16th 10 06:49 PM
Bicycle Lubricants Joe Techniques 73 December 27th 09 10:21 PM
Lubricants for chains and sprockets RF[_2_] Techniques 1 August 17th 08 07:16 PM
Latest and greatest in lubricants?? RF Techniques 21 September 28th 07 04:21 PM