david blaine

Old September 13th 03, 09:48 PM
Pete Jones

Default david blaine

Just curious - when he sealed himself up in ice in the US, did he get
the sort of treatment he's been getting here?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...814861,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3099350.stm

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/
Old September 13th 03, 10:48 PM
Dave W

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:48:49 +0000 (UTC), Pete Jones
wrote:

Just curious - when he sealed himself up in ice in the US, did he get
the sort of treatment he's been getting here?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...814861,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3099350.stm

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

Not that I recall. The US is indifferent to just about
anything...especially New Yorkers, basically we could care less....
Old September 14th 03, 12:15 AM
MrSlantEye

Pete Jones wrote:
Just curious - when he sealed himself up in ice in the US, did he get
the sort of treatment he's been getting here?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...814861,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3099350.stm

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

Wow! Forty days without food? Add another 300 days to that and he'd be
getting close to the World Record. Blaine is all about hype and
advertising. Americans could care less, though the Brits can't get enough...

Old September 14th 03, 05:41 AM
Raptor

Pete Jones wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3099350.stm

"while a female spectator partially stripped off beneath his box."

Why didn't I think of that? I wouldn't need to dump so much $ at the
tittie bar.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Old September 14th 03, 01:48 PM
Dave

"Pete Jones" wrote in message
Just curious - when he sealed himself up in ice in the US, did he get
the sort of treatment he's been getting here?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...814861,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3099350.stm

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

I think the editorial comment in thelocal rag up here in the Midlands
(Express & Star) just about sums it up....
'the british don't take anyone seriously who takes themselves so
seriously'...or something like that!!
Off to work now, see ya,
Dave

Old September 21st 03, 08:01 AM
Pete Jones

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:48:47 -0400, Dave W
blathered:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...814861,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3099350.stm

Not that I recall. The US is indifferent to just about
anything...especially New Yorkers, basically we could care less....

Your take on events is interesting.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...824500,00.html

Pete
----