Video: University of BC

Old March 14th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

Default Video: University of BC

UBC video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdeUa-_fmwo

UBC has lots of great riding areas including
Trials around campus shown in Defect
Wreck Beach, which Kris calls the worlds best natural trials
and an extensive trail system of cross country.

We have 3 visitors to Vancouver:
Don from Quesnel. This was his first trials ride. He learned to hop
mount and do stairs.
Brett from Melbourne. He just learned ride, and I show a clip of his
first ride on a 20".
Jeanine is a student from Switzerland.

There were 3 locations
UBC campus trials, which is most of the video
Rice Lake, which I couldnt attend, so just a group photo.
San Francisco - I was at a conference by day, and practiced tricks at
night. There are great urban parks, but they had signs posted "NO
MUNI" :-)

Filmed by my son John, so I get more air time than usual / wanted. But
I hope I did at least one trick you haven't seen. New for me: zig zag
up the stairs, one foot hop up curb, cross leg 1 foot hop, frame
hopping?

Music by Nelly Furtado. I'd been thinking about Enya, but Nelly's
latest single is more topical... shes from Victoria,BC and performing
in Vancouver in 2 weeks. Slower pace suited our simple riding and
filming style. A melencholy tune says friendship.

Hope you enjoy. Feedback always welcome.

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11491

Old March 14th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vicuniclub

woo, victoria b.c. ohh i might be comming over to van on saturday to
ride at UBC anyone interested in comming?
cheers
bry

--
vicuniclub
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Old March 15th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

vicuniclub wrote:
woo, victoria b.c. ohh i might be comming over to van on saturday to
ride at UBC anyone interested in comming?
cheers
bry

We seem to have an out of town rider almost every ride this year... its
great!
Looking forward to riding with you Saturday!

Old March 15th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
abbabibble

your neighbors below that freakin' BITCHIN' apartment of yours must just
LOVE you.

oh, nice vid, too.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

uni_jim wrote:
isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON--' '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old March 15th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

abbabibble wrote:
your neighbors below that freakin' BITCHIN' apartment of yours must just
LOVE you.

yeah, no kidding, do you get yelled at lots or not hop in your flat
often?

--
uni_jim

Beware of the pixies!
uni_jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13559

Old March 15th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

abbabibble wrote:
your neighbors below that freakin' BITCHIN' apartment of yours must just
LOVE you.

The hotel has concrete floors, so no worries about sound. I just had
to be careful not to break anything. Its safer without pedals.

I was wondering if anyone rides downtown SanFran? Yerba Buena looked
great, but had 'no biking' signs.

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11491

Video: Simon Fraser UNIversity phthoruth Unicycling 5 February 21st 07 12:50 AM
I'm going to Trek University! Bleve Australia 44 January 30th 07 07:57 PM
Trek university mfrobert Unicycling 0 January 20th 05 01:10 AM
Coventry university bob francisco UK 6 August 21st 03 01:38 PM