scared to jump?

Old August 7th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monkeyman

Default scared to jump?

The best advice has already been given...work your way up...another
really easy way to get over your fear of jumping down, is to jump up
something (of course, this only works if you can jump that high)...I
used to be really nervous about going off 1-2ish foot drops, but now
that I can jump that high, it doesn't seem high anymore. The only
reason it's intimidating is because you always underestimate your own
limits. That's why you have to just suck up and go for it. More often
than not, you'll be able to...the human body is a lot more capable then
your mind wants it to be most times.

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

THE dave wrote:
walruses are awesome... they just chill with their tusks and stuff...

sobriquet wrote:
If this joke were a sandwich it would be the wurst.

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

Old August 7th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ilosttheotherwheel

the only thing im really scared of is reaking my uni mainly. i did the 3
foot drops onto wood chips and a soft underground at this lil park i
found. it was really fun but i was so afriad that i would break the
pedals off or i would bend the rim or hub maybe. but then ill just get
a new one.

--
ilosttheotherwheel
ilosttheotherwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12841

Old August 7th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
underdog

ilosttheotherwheel wrote:
also i weight 200lbs and i ride on an LX. will it hold up?

No.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Old August 7th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ilosttheotherwheel

underdog wrote:
No.

dang it! but hey i learmed on it. also today i did a few lil 1 foot
gaps. and a 2 foot drop i found a 6ft one onto wood chips but i dont
think my uni would hold up for that.

Old August 7th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
caw89

ilosttheotherwheel wrote:
ok i went for a "ride" today and i was kinda scared to jump off the
stuff. and i jumped off park benches succesful and i was still scared
to do it. do you just get over it? all help appreciated.

After you get the courage to do some high ones youl think nothing of
the 4-5ft drops, what kind of uni are you using. If you are using one
with a splined set up you shouldnt really worry about breaking the uni.
But for breaking yourself its kinda hard to hurt yourself on drops 5ft
and lower. I droped 8 ft on a sprained ankle, that kinda hurt lol. But
what you need to do is just try to get over your fear and JUMP. After a
fwe times it iwll go away and you wont think anything of it, youl be
doing 180s off of the drops you are scared of now without even thinkign
of it. I know that youl get over it after a few times, I was a lil
scared of a 70 ft drop into water the other day(not on a uni sry guys)
I just jumped and after the first time i just wanted to do it again
lol. So now worrys just hit it up do it a few more times, and you wont
htink anything of it later bro no worrys.

--
caw89

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)
'Pedal protector' (http://pedalprotector.com/)
AIM: unicaw89

-last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old August 9th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ilosttheotherwheel

yah i did i got on some benches again and then did some 3 footers (into
woodchips not solid concrete) im so glad that my uni is still up. lol i
cant wait to get my qu ax! oo and hey whats a better crank, kris hom
onza or qu ax i really need to know!

Old August 9th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

Thats a very arugueable point...Look in the Product reviews forum, there
should be some threads comparing them in there...Personnaly i like the
03/04 KH cranks, they are very similar to the Qu-Ax. Ive never had a
problem with them though they are a little creaky, but thats normal for
that setup.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

Radical Reed wrote:
I have to herd the polor bears, while harvesting pot. Then I sit down on
my couch made of softwood lumber with a glass of maple syrup and watch
a hockey game or a gay marrige.

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*

Old August 9th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rabbithunter018

ice_cold_uni6 wrote:
jeesus! several 3 foot drops at 200lbs would absolutely destroy an LX.
new pedals are not the solution, you're eventually going to need a new
hub.

just ride it until it breaks or the cranks start to bend. then buy a
trials

So I should stop jumping off of our truck bed? I weigh 150 and I have a
LX 20''. I don't have the money to buy a new one yet. Christmas,
maybe.

--
rabbithunter018

Never underestimate stupid people in large groups

It is always better to keep your mouth shut and have people question
your intelligence, than to say something stupid and leave them in no
doubt.
rabbithunter018's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12156

smily mount/rolling jump mount Idea dan de man Unicycling 2 May 27th 06 01:25 PM
Jump Stop on OCLV Frame James Fitch Techniques 13 May 10th 05 07:12 AM
vertical jump oj Unicycling 70 March 31st 05 06:15 AM
"How do you jump off one of those?" Mike Causer Recumbent Biking 1 August 11th 04 12:44 AM
Miscellaneous Questions about Skills Carol McLean Unicycling 19 April 15th 04 11:32 PM